Who was that?~ 28

We had been walking forever, but we were getting closer. I gave Malia a piggy back for about, twenty minutes because her legs were "sore."

"Almost there." She smiled and breathed in the fresh air.

I smiled at her and grabbed her waist. I placed a kiss on her cheek and made my way to her neck. She laughed and turned around.

"Not now, Stilinski." She laughed and ran off.

"Malia!" I yelled and ran after her.

She ran faster and faster, until she came to a sudden stop. I slowly caught up to her and when I did, I could hardly breath.

"Don't. Run. That. Fast." I told her, taking a breath with every word I said.

She looked at me and put a finger to her lips.

"Shh." She whispered and looked around. "Someone's out there." She whispered.

As soon as she said that, I felt weak and petrified. We're out in the middle of nowhere and it's just me and Malia. I know Malia can protect herself, but I can't protect her or myself.

"We should go." I grabbed her arm and tried to pull her, but she would t budge. "Malia, we have to go." I pulled harder, but it still didn't work.

"There close." She whispered and started walking forward.

"Wha- Malia, what are you doing?" I quietly screamed.

"Seeing who or what it is." She gave me a stare and I backed away.

I watched as she kept slowly walking towards the noises. She stopped and raised her eyebrows.

"Malia." I heard someone whisper.

I saw something in the corner on my eye. A women, I couldn't see her properly, but she had black hair, tanned skin and she was tall.

I looked at her for, two seconds then she just disappeared.

"She's a supernatural creature." I whispered.

"You think." Malia snapped and rolled her eyes.

A lot of people would get angry at her and snap back, but that's just Malia. I think that's what I like the most about her.

"Did you recognise her?" I walked up to her and grabbed her hand.

"No, why would I?" She held a confused look on her face.

"Because, she was whispering your name." I told her and furrowed my eyebrows. "You didn't hear her say your name?" I slightly laughed.

"No. I was concentrating on your heart beat." She looked into my eyes and I instantly felt weak again. "It was going up and down. What were you thinking of?" She asked me and grabbed my other hand.

"I was." I stopped and thought of I should tell her what I was think of. "I was think of, how I couldn't protect you." I whispered towards the end.

"You don't have to." She smiled and pulled me into a hug. "I can take care of myself."

As soon as she said that, I felt like it was hard to breath. I thought about what Allison use to say. She would always tell people, she could take care of herself. And she did, until the oni's came.

"You okay?" She asked me.

"Yea." I nodded and kissed her forehead. "As long as you're okay." I smiled and let go of one of her hands.

She laughed quietly and we started walking back to the camp.

"Who was that saying my name." Malia whispered, slightly louder than she intended to.

"I don't know." I whispered back, making sure she could hear me.