[7]

Ariana

Thursday, 4:54 am

"You can't sleep?" Derrick asks.

I roll my eyes, thankful he can't see me in the darkness of the living room.

"Because you totally care." I say sarcastically.

"I'm trying to be nice and this is how you treat me?"

"You're only being nice because you're jealous. Go get ready for work or whatever." I say.

"Fine. Don't say I didn't try. And stay away from Justin." He walks out of the living room and I can finally breathe.

I couldn't sleep, actually, because I was worried about everything that happened. Justin almost told Derrick my secret, and if he did, I would've been done for. No more Ariana.

"Ariana fucking Grande!" Derrick yells.

I flinch at the sound of his voice. He didn't call me by his last name, like he usually does, even though I hate it. I stand up and find Derrick in the guest bathroom, with a bottle of pills in his hands.

"Why the hell was this on the counter? And why is the cabinet open?"

"I was looking for something in the medicine cabinet, and I obviously can't see through the cabinet door. I guess I forgot to put it back. Sorry." I tell the lie quickly.

It was one I practiced for Derrick since I started taking the pills. And I always make sure I go refill the pills whenever it's getting low.

"You sure?" He asks.

"Yes, I'm sure." I turn on my heel and walk out of the bathroom.

I go back into the living room and lay down on the couch. It doesn't take me long to fall asleep, though I was up all night, which I find funny.

8:56 am

I didn't have Justin's number, so I couldn't call and tell him I was coming, but it was boring at my house so I just walked across the street.

I knock on his door, and there's no response. I knock again.

"If that's you Ariana, you can come in!" Justin yells.

I roll my eyes. He's so stupid. I push the door open and walk inside, closing it behind me.

"J, where are the hell you?" I ask, after finding that he's not in the living room or the kitchen.

"Upstairs." I walk up the stairs, finding Justin in his room with only sweatpants on.

"Put a goddamn shirt on." I say, even though I couldn't stop staring at his abs.

"Put some goddamn pants on." He replies, snapping me out of my trance.

I roll my eyes as he looks me up and down. I was wearing a baby pink sweater dress and my favorite white boots with heels.

"It's a dress." I tell him as he pulls a t shirt over his head.

"Whatever you say." He shrugs.

I follow him downstairs to the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.

"No. I already ate." He nods.

I watch him make a bowl of cereal then get on my phone while he eats. I scroll through Twitter until Justin clears his throat.

"What?"

"I've been watching you for years. I got bored."

"Stalker."