[18]

Ariana

Sunday, 12:47 pm

"Shit!" I scream, cuddling closer into Justin's side.

He laughs, pulling his arm tighter around me. It had been raining since I fully woke up, and it had only gotten worse in the past two hours. I hated thundetstorms, ever since I was a kid. They freaked me out, especially the lightning and thunder that strike every two seconds. Like what just happened. I didn't care if it made me seem like a little kid.

"Come on, babe. Chill. I'm right here." Justin says, stroking my hair.

"That's what I'm afraid of." I say.

"Don't make me kick you out."

"You wouldn't."

"You're right, but it was fun to say."

Neither of us say anything and the only sound we hear is the rain and the wind, until there's another BOOM from outside and a strike of lightning.

I scream again, burying my head into Justin's neck.

"Hey, baby girl. It's okay." Justin's voice was calmer now.

He was definitely taking it more seriously.

"Ariana, look at me. Please." He lifted my chin with his finger and stroked my cheek.

"Baby, you are safe in this house. Nothing can hurt you. I won't let anything happen to you ever again. I promise. You have to trust me."

"I trust you, Justin. I really do." I whisper.

He doesn't respond for a while, then he squeezes my hand.

"Do you wanna watch a movie? We can turn it up as loud as you want." I nod slowly and he picks me up, walking upstairs.

He lays me down on his bed, and lets me pick the movie. I don't pay any attention when I choose, which is why we end up watching Spongebob.

"I can't listen to his voice this loud anymore. Pick something else, please." I beg Justin.

He chuckles, picking up the fire stick to change the movie. With the silence, the sounds of the storm fill the room and I bury my head under the covers until Justin picks a movie.

We had already agreed on the type of movie we wanted to watch. Something funny to take our minds off of the storm.

Justin chose Grown Ups 2 because Adam Sandler was in it and he was always funny.

"Ari, are you falling asleep?" Justin asked when I felt my eyes closing.

I didn't respond. Instead, I sat up and yawned.

"No."

"I could beg to differ." He laughs.

I reveal a small smile, laying my head back down. If he already knew, there was no point in hiding it. I didn't know why I was so tired all of a sudden, but I let sleep take me over, and soon enough, the storm was just a white noise.

AN Just saying that the reason I wrote this is because it's raining REALLY REALLY HARD in Oklahoma right now. I live there, by the way. I keep getting these notifications saying there's a flash flood warning and thunderstorm warning until tomorrow, which is obvious because, you know, IT'S ALREADY RAINING AND FLOODED. But, anyways, that's not important. Enjoy this part.