[29]

Ariana

Tuesday, 1:26 pm

"Alright, Ari. Tell me what happened." Justin says.

"It's really not that big of a deal. I saw someone wearing all black on the way to IHOP and he had sunglasses on but it looked like he was staring at me. The end."

Justin is silent for a second, then he finally says something.

"I don't know what to say."

"Exactly, because it doesn't matter." I shrug.

We sit in silence until the doorbell rings.

"I got it." Justin stands up and walks to the door.

I don't hear any voices so I stand up to go see what it is.

"Justin, who..." I stop talking, looking at the white piece of paper covered in red letters.

I cover my mouth, backing away from the door.

"Ariana!" Justin yells as I fall to the ground.

Justin

I open the door to reveal a white piece of paper with the words "She Will Die" written in red.

"Justin, who..." I turn around and see her cover her mouth, backing away before falling to the ground.

"Ariana!" I yell.

I drop the paper and run to her side.

"Ariana, baby girl. Wake up." I sit her up and her eyes open.

"What the..." She trails off, looking up at me.

"Justin, what happened? And why are we on the floor?"

"I think you passed out. But you're fine now. Come on, stand up." I help her to her feet and she looks at the paper on the ground next to the open door.

"Is that why I passed out?" She asks.

"Yeah. I'm calling the police." We walk into the living room and I pick up my phone.

Instead of dialing 911, I find the non-emergency number because whoever left the note is long gone.

"How may I help you?"

"I need officers at my house. Someone left a note saying that my girlfriend will die. Get them here now." I tell the woman my address and she tells me that she'll have officers over soon.

When they get here, I open the door and two officers walk in, even though there are three more outside.

"Hello. I'm officer Mayes, and this is my partner, officer Santiago. How may we be of assistance?" Both of the officers inside are males, but two out of the three that are outside are female.

"Find the person that threatened to kill my girlfriend."

"You're Ariana Grande. With the Derrick fellow."

"I'm not with him." Ariana says through gritted teeth.

"Oh, yes. My apologies. Can you tell me what happened?"

"We were hanging stuff up in the living room, and Ariana was telling me that she saw a man dressed in all black on the street, staring at her. Then the doorbell rang and I went to go get it. The only thing there was that piece of paper. Ariana saw it and she passed out."

"Can you describe the man wearing black on the street?" Officer Santiago asks.

"Like he said, the man was wearing all black. Black hoodie, sweats, sunglasses, hat. And he was staring at me." Ariana says.

Her fear was gone now, replaced by anger.

"Thank you. Anything else? From either of you?"

"No that's it. Can you tell us anything?" I say.

"It definitely couldn't have been Derrick, because we have him in custody. So maybe Derrick had an outside accomplice. Maybe a plan just in case he was taken in. Are there any people he would trust with that responsibility?"

"Jayce." Ariana says immediately.

"Last name?"

"Wilkens. Jayce Wilkens."

"Any other friends?"

"Tyler Johnson. He wasn't as bad a Jayce, though."

"Thank you. Alright, I'm gonna fill out a criminal report. I need your full name. Including middle."

"I don't have a middle name." Ariana says.

*Flashback*

"You didn't tell me yours."

"I don't have a middle name!"

"Okay, but if you did, what would you want it to be?"

She sits, thinking about the question.

"Danielle."

"Why?"

"Because I said so. Now what's yours?" 

*End of Flashback*

Ariana answers his questions and he tells us that there will be people here to investigate, but only outside, and he'll set up 24 hour protection for the house.

"Thank you so much for you help, officer." I shake his hand and he nods at Ariana before leaving.

"Ari, why would you want your middle name to be Danielle?"

"It's a long story." She says.

"I have time."