[21]

Ariana

Sunday, 8:19 pm

"Don't your feet hurt?" Justin asks, squeezing his arm tighter around my waist.

According to him, there were too many males in the mall and he had to let them know that I was his.

"I'm just used to it. You would be too if you wore them almost everyday."

"That's true. Where do you wanna go next?"

"I don't know. You pick." I shrug as my phone starts ringing in my back pocket.

I take it out and see it's from an unknown number.

Justin looks at the screen and takes it from me, sliding the green button. I laugh and he looks down at me.

"Hello?" He says.

"Who is this?"

"Oh, yeah. She's right here." Justin gives my my phone back and leads me into the candy store.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Ariana. This is your cousin, Michael."

"Mike?"

"Yes, that's me. I need a really big favor. Like, huge."

"What's that?"

"Me and Tori are thinking about moving to LA. We were coming to look at houses tomorrow but I think the kids, especially Ashlynn, are too young to go house hunting, so we were wondering if you could babysit for tomorrow."

"You want me to babysit?"

"Well, babysit and child sit, but yes. If you could. It's totally okay if you can't."

"Hold on." I bring the phone from my ear, covering it with my hand.

"Justin, how would you feel about baby sitting tomorrow?"

"That depends. How old?"

"Ashlynn is around 7 months and I think Tyler is seven or eight."

"Does this Tyler like basketball?"

"He loves it."

"Then it's fine with me."

"Okay. Thanks." I put the phone back to my ear and Mike immediately asks me who Justin is.

"I'm not with Derrick anymore. Don't ask. But we will baby sit tomorrow. Perfectly fine."

"Great. Thanks so much. I'll bring them over at around 9:30 and we should be back to pick them up at 3."

"Fine with me. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye, Ariana. And thanks again." I hang up and put my phone in my pocket.

"I like kids. Especially kids that play basketball."

"Where are you gonna play basketball?"

"Umm, there's a basketball goal in my backyard, and there's this thing called a park."

"You shut up, smart ass. Why exactly did you come in here?"

"To get candy. Duh. It's called a candy store for a reason."

"You know what?"

"What, Ariana?"

"I do not like you."

"Yes you do."

Justin gets about a million bags of candy before we finally leave the store. We walk around the mall, going into a bunch of random stores before we leave at 11 pm.

"Are you tired?" Justin asks.

"I don't get tired."

"I could beg to differ. Especially with the past few days."

"That's different. I was on pain medicine, still am, and I had been in the hospital with those uncomfortable ass beds."

Justin laughs, rubbing his hand up and down my inner thigh.

"Fuck."

"You like that, don't you?" Justin smirks and I close my eyes, only focusing on the feeling of his hand on my thigh.

"Justin.. Oh my God." I whisper.

He laughs, and I feel his hand moving up to the waistband of my jeans.

"Shit, please focus on driving." I open my eyes, and intertwine our fingers.

"I'll get you later, baby." He smirks again and I roll my eyes playfully.

"You do that."