[12]

Justin

Saturday, 9:12 am

"I'm going to the hospital. Do you wanna come?" I ask Nicole.

"No, I'm gonna stay here. Thanks for asking, though."

"No problem. I'll be back with Ariana. And keep the doors locked."

"I will, Justin." She laughs.

I nod, turning around and walking down the porch stairs.

I get in my car and turn off the radio. I drive to the hospital in silence, think if about everything that's happened in the last 24 hours.

9:33 am

"You're awake." I smile when I walk into Ariana's room.

I was expecting her to be asleep because of the medicine.

"I've been awake pretty much all night. Couldn't sleep. It's a habit."

"What's a habit?"

"Me not being able to sleep through the night. I'm so used to Derrick coming in and..." She trails off, looking at her hands.

"It's okay. I understand." She nods.

"Are you hungry? I can get you something to eat."

"Oh no, not from here." She says quickly and I laugh.

"Hospital food is so gross." She adds.

"How do you know?"

"Movies. You know, since I don't have a job. That's what I do all day. When I'm not with you."

"Hey, I finished unpacking. I got inspiration from you. I didn't stop until I was done."

"That's good. I'm very proud of you." She smiles.

"You have a beautiful smile."

"Thank you." She blushes, her cheeks turning bright red.

There's a knock on the door and the moment is ruined.

"Come in." Ariana says.

The door opens and Officer Parker walks in.

"I'm back." He closes the door.

"Yay!" Ariana says with fake enthusiasm.

"Yeah, I know. You don't wanna answer questions. Sorry."

"It's fine. I know it's your job and everything."

"Okay. To start off. Where are some of Derrick's favorite places to go?"

"Any type of bar. His friend's houses. Maybe his parents. Probably some other girls too."

"Are there any specific bars?"

"I think his favorite was one called Blank Space. It's on 32nd and Wilshire."

"Yes. And friends addresses?"

"I dont know the exact addresses. But I do know that his two best friends both live in 'Hideaway Park'."

"Parents?"

"They live somewhere near my parents. You could ask my mom for their exact address."

"Can I get the names of his friends and his parents?"

"Jayce Wilkins and Tyler Johnson are his friends. His parents names are Annie and Devin Thomas."

"Got it. Now I'm gonna ask you some questions about what happened yesterday. Please be honest and tell me everything." Ariana nods.

"So I know that Derrick locked you in a room. You didn't have your phone?"

"No. He slapped it out of my hand when I tried to call the police. It was downstairs on the living room floor."

"Ah, I see. I'll have to as my men if they found it. Tell me again, why did you try to escape the room when you knew he would hurt you?"

"I thought he left. He opened and closed the front door. Then I started banging on the door."

"And Derrick came back upstairs and began to hurt you?"

She nods, wiping a tear from her cheek.

I was hating Derrick even more by the second, if that was even possible.

"One last question. How long has Derrick been abusing you?"

"It started a couple months after we got married."

"How long have you been married?"

"Almost a year. June 4th."

"Okay. That's all for now. Thank you so much for cooperating."

Ariana nods, looking at me.

"Have a good day." Officer Parker leaves, closing the door behind him.

"You did it." I wipe a tear from her cheek and she smiles.

"I wish I could leave. I hate being in here."

"I know you do. I'm sorry."

We both stay in her room until she's allowed to leave. And since she refuses to eat hospital food, I take her to Chipotle.

AN I haven't been on here in so long and I'm sorry for not updating in like ten years. I don't have a lot of time during the week because of school but the weekends should be better. I'll try to update as much as I can this weekend.