[13]

Justin

Saturday, 2:22 pm

"How do you feel?" I ask Ariana.

"A lot better than I did in there. I hate hospitals."

"Understandable."

"Can I stay with you?" She says, setting her water on the table.

"Of course you can. I would love it if you stayed with me."

"Thanks Justin. For everything. And I'm sorry you had to be dragged in his mess I call my life."

"It's okay. I'm happy to help you in any way I can."

She nods, sitting back in her chair.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah." We both stand up and Ariana picks up her water before we walk out.

2:44

"It took way too long to get here." I say, opening Ariana's door.

"Thank you." I follow her to the front door of my house and she walks in immediately.

I close the door and we both go into the living room.

"Do you want one of my shirts to change into?" I ask her.

"You don't have to."

"If you want one, you can have it. Or I can go back to your house and get you some clothes."

"I'll go. But I want you to come with me."

"Okay. Let's go."

She follows me out of the house and across the street to hers. Nicole is in the living room watching TV. I guess with nobody here, she doesn't have anything to do.

There weren't any police officers there at the moment, but they had been leaving and coming back since I had been home yesterday.

Ariana walks quickly upstairs and into the master bedroom. Looking into the abandoned room is inevitable as she walks in.

She doesn't say a word as she puts some clothes in a bag with her toothbrush.

"I'm ready." Ariana whispers.

"Okay." She walks out the bedroom and pauses, looking into the room that she was locked in.

"Ari.."

"I'm fine." I nod and wait for her to stop looking inside the room.

Even from here I can see the red stain on the floor from her blood. Without saying a word, she walks down the stairs and out the door.

"Good luck." Nicole says to me when I leave.

"Thanks . I am definitely gonna need it."

2:53 pm

Since Ariana had already taken a shower at the hospital, all she does it change into one of my t shirts, even though she went to get her clothes.

"I thought the whole reason we went to your house was so you could wear your clothes."

"It was. But I changed my mind."

"I see that. Are you comfortable?"

"Yeah. You're soft."

"I'm not a Teddy bear."

"You are now."

"Whatever you say. You're the princess." She laughs and her cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"If I'm a princess, you have to be a prince."

"You're not a princess, you're the princess. And I'm not a prince, I'm the king."

"Then I have to be queen."

"No, you don't."

"The princess and king together.. doesn't seem right."

"Fine. You shall be queen. But I'm still gonna call you princess. Because that's what you are."

"I thought I was the queen!" She laughs.

"You are whatever I say you are."

"I don't like you."

"I know. You love me."

"I don't."

"You do, Ariana. Admit it."

She pins me down on the couch and connects our lips. After about a million years, when she pulls away, she whispers 'I do', and falls asleep on my chest.