[25]

Justin

Monday, 2:36 pm

"I wanna sleep too." Tyler says, looking at Ariana and Ashlynn.

"Go ahead. Your parents will be here soon." I turn off the PS4 and Tyler takes a pillow from the couch, laying down on the floor.

I chuckle, finding some random movie from the 90's on TV. I take out my phone and play Color Switch then Pineapple Pen.

"Hey." Ariana says.

I turn around, seeing her yawn.

"Good morning, sleepy head."

"It's not morning." She laughs.

Her laugh is so beautiful, almost as beautiful as her voice. I smile and her cheeks turn pink. She's not blushing, that's just something that happens. I stroke her cheek and Ashlynn coughs in her sleep.

We both look at the baby asleep on Ariana's chest.

"She's not dying." Ariana says.

I chuckle, looking at the TV where a woman and a man are eating in a diner.

Ariana picks up her phone and starts scrolling through Instagram and Twitter.

"You have an obsession. I'm taking you to a mental institution tomorrow." I say.

"There are people who spend way more time on their phone than I do."

"You're right, but you spend enough time on it."

"It's mine. I can do what I want with it."

"Like send naked pictures?"

"Yes." She nods.

"Really?" She looks at me like the answer is obvious.

"Eww, no. I didn't say I have. I said I could."

"Maybe you can. I mean, I'm right here."

"I don't have to send them to you. We live in the same place."

"So what does that mean?"

"You know what that means." Ariana smirks.

"You're serious."

"Yeah. I don't have to lie."

"Ariana, please be pacific." I say.

She giggles, stroking Ashlynn's hair. She has a lot of hair for a baby.

"I don't have to, J. You know exactly what I mean."

"I do. I just wanna hear you say it."

"Whatever. We can talk about it later." She says.

I shrug. Was she really serious? Because that was kind of a big deal in our relationship.

"Justin, you're thinking too hard about this. Chill." Ariana says.

I look up at her and she has an amused grin on her face.

"Shut up."

"I didn't say anything."

"Yes you did."

"I think you need to take a nap."

"No, I'm fine. Thanks, though." I say.

She rolls her eyes playfully and we sit in silence until the doorbell rings.

"I got it." I say.

Ariana stays laying on the couch, and I stand up to open the door. Michael stands in front on the porch, now accompanied by a woman about Ariana's height with blonde hair and deep hazel eyes, exactly like me.

"Hey, Justin. This is Tori, my wife." I shake hands with the woman who is now known as Tori.

"Nice to meet you, Justin."

"You too." I smile, stepping to the side to let them in.

Since Michael already knows where it is, they walk into the living room as I close the door, then follow them.

"Tori!" Ariana says.

"Hey, Ariana. How have you been?" Michael picks up the sleeping Ashlynn and starts buckling her into her carseat.

"I'm good. How are you?" Ariana hugs Tori as she sits up.

"Thanks so much for watching them today. House hunting was so much fun, and we even went out for lunch. It was great without the kids." Tori says.

"I'm glad we could help."

"So this is Justin? Is he your boyfriend?"

"Not technically, but kind of. Almost."

"I see. It's complicated."

"Not really. He said it's not official until he asks, and he hasn't asked yet, so..."

"Ah. I understand. Well, we're going to see your parents. They haven't seen Ashlynn and Tyler in a while. Thanks again for watching them." Tori stands up and Ariana does the same, holding her hurt ankle in the air.

"What happened?" Tori asks, grabbing Ashlynn's carseat as Michael picks up Tyler.

"I twisted my ankle, but I'm fine. Don't worry."

"Alright. Whatever you say."

We both walk them to the door, Ariana doing more limping than walking so I decide to pick her up. She squeals when I swing her off her feet.

"How cute." Tori says.

"Shut up, T." Ariana replies.

We all laugh and watch them walk to their car. I close the door and carry Ariana back to the couch.