[58]

Justin

Thursday, 5:33 am

"How do feel, baby?" I ask Ariana, who was laying down in the backseat.

"Nauseous."

"Well, just a piece of advice, don't throw up in my car."

"I can't do anything in your car, can I?"

"Nope."

"Why are there police officers in the front of your house?" Frankie asks as I pull into the driveway.

"So weird people can't get in and mess with my baby girl."

"They're protecting you too, Justin." Ariana says.

"But you more." I get out of the car and open the door to the backseat.

"I can walk." Ariana says.

"Who said I was gonna carry you?"

"I was just telling you that I could walk, so you wouldn't try to carry me."

"Oh, I get it. Come on." I hold out my hand and she takes it.

I have to pull Ariana out of the car because she is absolutely no help, and then I lock the car and we walk up to the porch, where Frankie is standing. I unlock the door and let Ariana and Frankie go in first. I follow them and close the front door.

"I'm never gonna sleep!" Ariana screams.

"Chill, Ari." Frankie says as I walk into the living room.

Ariana sits on the couch and I sit next to her.

"Ariana?" Frankie says.

"What?"

"Have you seen A Dogs Purpose?"

"No. It looked too sad."

"You have to watch it, like now."

"Hold that thought." Ariana covers her mouth before standing up and running out of the room.

"Well then. I should probably go make sure she's okay. You can find the movie on the Fire Stick." I tell Frankie.

"You have a Fire Stick? Fancy." I laugh before leaving the room.

I go to the guest bathroom, but Ariana isn't there, so I go upstairs into the bedroom.

"Babe?" I say.

"I think I died." I hear her say from the bathroom.

I walk into the bathroom and see her laying on the floor, on her back.

"Ari, what exactly is wrong with you?"

"I said I died."

"Dead people can't talk."

"True, but I'm pretty sure I just puked out all my insides, including my heart."

"I'm sure you'll be fine. Come on, baby. Stand up."

"I don't want to."

"Ariana, please. Do you need help?"

"Yes." I hold out my hand and she takes it, allowing me to pull her up off the ground.

"You do whatever you want. I'm getting you some Ginger Ale."

"Okay." Ariana immediately starts brushing her teeth as I leave the bathroom.

I walk downstairs and into the kitchen. In the fridge, there's cans and bottles of Ginger Ale. I have no idea where it came from, but it's there.

"What exactly is the difference between a can and a bottle?" I ask myself.

"Get the can. I'm pretty sure it has more bubbles." I turn around and see Frankie standing in the doorway.

"That makes sense."

"Male logic." Ariana says, walking into the kitchen.

"You can't say it doesn't make sense." Frankie says.

"Thank you." Ariana giggles.

"Why must you choose to be difficult and pour the drink into a glass instead of drinking it from the can like a man?"

"Well maybe because I'm not a man."

"That's true." We all walk into the living room and sit in our original spots.

"Grab your tissues, Ariana." Frankie smirks.

"Do you find it fun to make me cry?"

"Of course I do."

"That's nice."

Frankie plays the movie and Ariana lays her head on my shoulder.

6:13 am

We were barely in the middle of the movie and I could see tears in Ariana's eyes. I know how much she loves dogs and this movie was definitely a lot for someone who does.

I pull her closer to me and she wipes her eyes, laughing.

"Why did I let you do this to me?" She says.

"Because you love me." Frankie replies.

"Hardly." She giggles, burying her face in my neck.

"I swear, if this dog dies before Ethan sees him." She mumbles.

"What are you gonna do?" I ask.

"Cry."

"Of course." I smile.

Then we see the dogs eyes close snd the screen goes black.

"Oh my God." Ariana covers her mouth, but then Ethan is back with Bailey and Bailey isn't dead and then Ariana is crying.

"Babe, chill." I run my fingers through her hair and she covers her face with her hands.

"I am perfectly fine." She says through tears.

"Yeah, sure you are."