[51]

Ariana

Monday, 7:47 am

"Justin, did we check what the weather was going to be like before coming here?" I ask.

"Not at all. Why?"

"Well, it's very cloudy outside. And the national weather service has issued a severe thunderstorm and flood warning until 10 am." I tell him, looking at the notification on my phone.

"That's nice. I like rain." Justin mumbles.

"I don't."

I take another look at the sky, seeing flashes of lightning in the cloud filled sky. The sun was starting to rise, but it still looked like it was the middle of the night.

"Don't worry, daddy's princess. I shall protect my baby girl at all costs." Justin says.

"Daddy's princess?" I repeat.

"Yes. That's what I said."

"It definitely didn't sound right, though."

"It wasn't supposed to." Justin laughs.

I walk over to the couch where Justin was laying on his stomach, staring at nothing, and sit in his back.

"Ow." He says.

"That does not hurt. I'm too light for it to hurt."

"I think you're getting a little too confident in your ability to eat a lot and stay skinny. You've been eating a lot lately."

"I disagree with that statement."

"Well I obviously agree with that statement. That's kind of why I said it."

"Why are you staring at nothing?" I ask.

"You know? You're really good at that." Justin says.

"At what?"

"Talking about something and then completely changing the subject. And it's not because you wanna get off the original topic, it's just because you get distracted too easily."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."

"Anyways, I'm getting my belly button pierced."

"First of all, you just did it again. Second, the answer is no."

"Oh, it wasn't a question. That's why I said I am getting my belly button pierced."

"Ariana, why?" Justin's voice was serious now.

It was actually hilarious.

"I don't know. I just really want to."

"I don't know is not an answer."

"Yes it is. I just used it as one."

"Babe, stand up for a second." I stand up and Justin turns over, sitting up straight.

He pulls me into his lap, sighing.

"Ari, belly buttons are not for piercing. They're for being belly buttons."

"A man's ear is not for piercing either, but you did it anyway."

"If I jumped off a cliff, would you?"

"Yes, I would. Because I'm not gonna live on this earth without you."

"Okay, bad example."

"If I got a tattoo on my eye, would you?"