[28]

Ariana

Tuesday, 9:14 am

"Baby, are you okay? You look nervous." I look away from the window and nod.

"Fine. Just hungry."

"You're lying." He takes my hand in his and I look down into my water glass.

He waits for a response, but I don't give him one.

"Ariana?"

"I don't wanna talk about it right now. Maybe later." I mumble.

"Okay. But promise me you'll tell me what's wrong."

"I promise." I whisper, taking a sip of my water.

9:48 am

"Before we go home, let's go get some decorations. My house is boring." Justin says as we walk back to the car after eating.

"Okay." I agree, happy to not have to explain what happened.

Justin drives to some store that neither of us have ever heard of. He hustle looked up home decor stores on Google and it had five stars.

The parking lot is as full as you would expect in the morning of a Tuesday.

"Don't even think about showing your ass to everybody." Justin says, taking my hand as we walk inside.

"I won't. And stop talking about my ass."

"I won't." He laughs and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Welcome to David's Decor Store. What can I help you with?" A man standing near the door says as soon as we walk in.

"Nothing right now. Just looking." Justin says.

"Okay. Ask any one of our employees if you need anything."

I nod and Justin immediately walks to the back of the store where the paintings and posters are.

"Find something nice." He says.

"Already did." I wink at him and he laughs.

"To go on the walls." He clarifies.

"I knew that." I say.

10:14 am

"I found two!" Justin says.

I look at him, seeing the gigantic smile on his face.

"Oh God."

"These are both for you." He says.

He turns them both around and I read them.

Do Not Tell A Woman She's Crazy
Unles You Want To See Crazy

and

Let's Just Save Some Time
And Assume I'm Right

"They're both absolutely true!" I smile.

"I got you this. Happy birthday."

I show him mine, which says

Some People Were Dropped On Their Head As A Baby
You Were Thrown Against A Wall

Justin stares at me, unamused, and I laugh.

"What? Don't you like it?"

"No, and I'm not lying." He says.

I giggle again and he rolls his eyes.

"Well, I'm still getting it, where you like it or not. And I'm gonna put it where everyone can see it." I smile.

"Okay, no more for the living room. We need some for the kitchen."

"These are so fun!" I squeal.

Justin stares at me again and I laugh.

"It's okay, baby. I'm just being honest." I shrug.

"You're not funny." He says.

We go to the kitchen section and find more stuff, then back to the regular section and find more stuff. All in all, Justin spent about $150 on posters. And I even gave him a whole five dollars, because he wouldn't take any more.

10:56 am

Justin pulls into his driveway and I sigh. We both knew what was coming, but he was the only one looking forward to it.

But instead of Justin asking me what happened, he asked me to help him put up all the posters and pictures and paintings.

I stood on a chair while he gave me everything I needed to put a certain picture on the wall.

"I can see your ass." Justin says as I stand on a chair in the living room, reaching as high as I can to put my favorite, and Justin's least favorite, on the wall.

"Good. Maybe you'll find something useful. And I thought I told you to stop talking about my ass."

"I said I wasn't going to. You may be able to tell me what to do sometimes, but that was not one of those times." I roll my eyes and hang the picture on the wall.

"Done. Next."