[16]

Ariana

Sunday, 3:43 am

"Can't sleep?" Justin asks.

I shake my head, scrolling through Instagram on my phone.

"I'm sorry. Do you wanna go somewhere?"

"Like where?" I put my phone down and look at him.

"I don't know. Just take a ride. My mom used to do that for me when I was a kid and I couldn't sleep."

"That's sweet." I smile and, even in the dark, I can tell he's blushing.

"You're so fucking cute." I smile and sit up.

I yawn and stretch. I only slept for 3 hours, even though I haven't gotten a good night sleep in a long time. I thought tonight would be better.

I pull on some joggers and uggs with my white tank top and follow Justin downstairs. He gives me his sweatshirt and I pull it over my head.

"It smells like you." I smile.

"Duh. I have worn it before, if you didn't know." I roll my eyes playfully and he pulls me in for a hug.

He kisses the top of my head and I stand on my toes to kiss him on the lips.

"You're so short."

"Shut up."

"It's adorable."

I blush, burying my head in his neck.

"Come on, baby. Let's go."

I pull away from Justin and we walk outside. He opens my door before walking around to the drivers seat.

He backs out of the driveway and starts driving down the street. Most of the stores are closed but there's some fast food places like McDonald's and Sonic that are still open.

Justin reaches over and places his hand on my thigh as we pass a park.

"Is there anywhere specific you wanna go?" Justin asks.

"Not really."

"How about the beach?"

"Okay. As long as I don't get wet."

"I'm not so sure about that."

"Justin, don't play with me."

"I'll try."

He drives the rest of the way to the beach, and when we get there, he opens the passenger side door and I get out.

We walk on the beach before Justin stops.

"What?"

"I know you said you didn't wanna get wet, but.."

"Justin, no. Please don't. I'll hate you forever."

"No you won't . You wouldn't be able to stand it."

"You're right, but still. I don't want to get wet in my clothes." I whine.

"You don't have to."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Take them off." He says simply.

"Justin!"

"Im serious. It's not cold, so you won't get sick."

"You're crazy."

"That I am. But I promise I wouldn't make you do something that's dangerous and/or harmful to your life." He says.

I sigh, then smile. He's just too sweet, and I can't say no to him.

I strip down to my bra and panties, leaving my clothes in a pile on the sand.

I follow Justin into the water and suppress a scream when it touches my skin.

"It's so cold." I whine.

"You'll get used to it." Justin says.

He grabs my hand and pulls me farther into the ocean.

I wince as the water rises to my waist, and Justin wraps his arms around me.

"Baby, I got you."

"I'm aware. That you got me into this."

"Stop bringing that up before I bring you down."

"You wouldn't."

"I would. Try me, Ariana."

"I do not like you."

"You say that a lot. But I think we've proven that that statement is false."

"Maybe it is. Just don't get my hair wet, Justin."

"Ugh, fine. But can we get ice cream after this?"

"You're such a child. And yes, we can."

"Yay!" He falls back into the water and I giggle.

"I love you, J. You're so adorable."