[9]

Ariana

Friday, 8:51 am

"Thought you'd try to escape, did you?" Derrick chuckles.

"You're not Nicole." I say.

"Obviously." He walks closer to me and I scoot back. 

"You're stupid to think I would leave you here with Nicole. She knows not to help you at all."

He kicks me repeatedly in the stomach and I groan. Justin yelling is the last thing I hear before everything goes black.

Nicole

"Don't fucking go anwhere near upstairs, Nicole!" Derrick says.

He walks to the front door and opens it then closes it back, remaining inside. Immediately, Ariana starts screaming from upstairs and he runs up the stairs.

I take this chance to run out of the house and across the street.

"Justin! Justin, open the door!" I bang on the door and Justin opens it almost immediately.

"What?" He says.

"It's Ariana. She tried to call the police yesterday and Derrick locked her in a room upstairs. He's hurting her!"

Justin's eyes turn dark and he pushes past me, jogging across the street to the house. He disappears inside the house before I can even get off his front yard.

Justin

He's hurting her.

This is what triggers me. I run across the street and inside the house, taking the stairs two at a time.

"You asshole! Don't fucking touch her!" I yell.

I push open the door where I can hear Derrick laughing and my fist immediately comes in contact with his face. I see Ariana on the floor, a puddle of blood next to her, and my anger gets a thousand times worse. If Nicole didn't stop me, Derrick would be dead.

"I called the police." Nicole says, kneeling next to Ariana.

"Can you try to keep her awake? I need a towel." Nicole disappears from the room and I fall to my knees.

"Ari? Ariana, it's me, Justin. I need you to wake up, baby girl. Please? I know I just met you but I still care about you. Open your eyes, Ariana. Please, open your eyes."

Tears start falling down my face, but I don't care. My princess is hurt, and if she doesn't live, Derrick won't either.

"Ari, please, wake up." I plead, but she doesn't move.

Nicole comes back in, putting pressure on a towel to Ariana's stomach. Both her face and her stomach are bruised, which means he already did this before now.

"Justin, hold this towel. I'm gonna wait for the ambulance." Nicole says.

I nod, replacing her hands with mine.

"Ariana, wake up. Please?"

"J-J... Justin." Ariana says.

"Thank God. Ariana, stay awake. Don't close your eyes. Don't go to sleep."

"It h-hurts." She breathes out.

"I know, Ariana. It'll get better. I promise."

"J-Justin?"

"What is it?"

"I w-want you to b-be my last k-kiss."

"Ariana, you're not gonna fucking die. Don't say that."

"Just k-kiss me."

I do as she says, lowering my lips onto hers. Our lips mold together perfectly. The moment I've been waiting for was finally here.

"T-that was amazing." Ariana says.

"Well, I try." I laugh and she shows a half smile.

I hear footsteps on the stairs and soon enough, paramedics are crowded around Ariana and I can't even see her anymore.

I follow them downstairs but they don't let me in the ambulance.

"Family only." One of the paramedics says.

"Her family isn't here right now. I'm the only one she has."

"Husband?"

"He's the one who did this to her!" I yell.

"Sorry Sir. It's the rules." The paramedic closes the door and I groan.

"Justin, go. Now. I'll call her mom and dad and we'll all be there soon." Nicole says from behind me.

"Okay, okay." I walk across the street to my house and get my car keys before getting into my car.

I drive over the speed limit, not caring about police or anything but Ariana.

9:13 am

I walk into the hospital that Ariana's at and go straight to the receptionist.

"Ariana Grande."

"Family?"

"No, I'm not. But she has no one here right now, and you're gonna let me go up there whether I am or not." I whisper forcefully.

She stares at me in shock before telling me that Ariana's in surgery and the best she can do is send me to her floor's waiting room.

I thank her with a smile before taking the elevator to the fifth floor. I pace the empty waiting room until Nicole gets there with Ariana's parents.

"I'm Justin." I shake both of their hands.

"What happened to her?"

"Derrick happened. He's been abusing her, if you didn't know." Joan gasps and Edward shakes his head.

"I told you, Joan. He's no good for my daughter." Edward says.

We all wait in the silent waiting room until a doctor comes in.

"Ariana Grande?"

"Yes, Sir. She's my daughter." Joan is the first to stand.

"Im Dr Jefferson. I performed the surgery on Ariana. She's stable at the moment. And awake. She has requested a Mr. Justin Bieber in her room. She'll only see him."

Everyone looks at me and I follow Dr Jefferson into Ariana's room without saying a word.