[37]

Ariana

Thursday, 4:25 pm

I scream, throwing my phone down on the bed.

"Justin, somebody is watching us! They came in here and they're taking pictures!"

Justin picks up my phone and looks at the messages.

"Shit." He mumbles.

He takes me in his arms and I bury my head in his neck.

"It's okay, princess." He whispers, stroking my hair.

"No it's not, Justin. Somebody is in this house."

"Hey, there are police in the front yard right now. I'm gonna go tell them what happened right now, okay?" I nod, going to the bathroom to wash my face.

As soon as I finish, Justin comes upstairs and tells me we need to get out of the house while the police search it.

10 minutes later, all 4 officers that were in the house come out. The last officer has Jayce in handcuffs.

"We found three cameras. Living room, bedroom, and kitchen. We're pretty sure there are absolutely none left. We also found this man in the basement. Do you know him?"

"Yes. That's Jayce." I nod, tears sliding down my cheeks.

"It's not over. It will never be over." Jayce says as they put him in the back of a police cruiser.

I turn around and Justin wraps his arms around me.

"Hey, it's okay. Shh."

The only one left that I know of is Tyler. Unless there was an older friend of Derrick's that I forgot about.

"Ari, I'm here with you. And I won't leave you, ever. Trust me. Do you remember anything that has anything to do with Derrick?"

"I don't know, Justin. I can think of anything."

"Hey, officer Wilson, the dog find anything?"

Wilson. I remember that name.

"Wilson." I say.

"What?" Justin looks down at me, wiping my face with his shirt.

"Wilson Taylor. He was Derrick's best friend in college and he just randomly started talking to him again a couple weeks ago."

"That will be very helpful. Thanks." Some officer I don't even recognize says, walking to another officer.

I don't believe I was talking to him, but whatever.

"Do you wanna stay here or to somewhere else?" Justin asks.

"It doesn't matter to me. I just wanna stay with you." I wrap my arms around him, burying my head in his neck.

5:54 pm

"Baby girl, are you okay? You're quiet." Justin looks up at me and I shrug.

"I guess. I'm tired. And thinking."

"About what?"

"Stuff."

"Like what?"

"Justin, you know what. You don't have to ask."

"I know. I'm sorry."

I pick up my phone that was returned to me only a couple minutes ago and open Instagram. The same stuff is on my feed, and the same is for Twitter and Snapchat.

"I'm going to sleep. Maybe something will happen when I wake up."

"Something like what?"

"Something not boring." I put my phone down and Justin laughs.

"Sweet dreams."

"I hope so."