[30]

Ariana

Tuesday, 1:54 pm

"It's a long story." I say.

"I have time." Justin replies, pulling me closer to him.

"Well, you already know about my brother, but I also had a sister. Her name was Danielle. I was ten when she was born, and Frankie had already been gone for two years. She was born a month early, but everything was fine until she turned two. I really didn't care about her, at least I didn't think I did, because I didn't want a new sibling. Not when my mom found out she was pregnant, not when Danielle was born, and still not when she was a toddler." Justin strokes my cheek as I lay my head on his chest.

I could feel the tears building up in my eyes, but I tried my hardest to keep them from coming.

"When she was two, we found out that she had leukemia, and they only gave her a couple months to live. This is when my parents started getting serious about me and Derrick, and they started planning my life out with him. Mostly my mom. As the months went by, Danielle's health slowly started deteriorating, and I started to realize that she was my sister and I should love her, but it was too late. A week later, which was two days before her third birthday, she died. I loved my sister too late, then my parents went crazy planning my life, making it a living hell."

Justin is silent as I sit in his lap, letting the tears roll down my face.

"Baby girl..." Justin whispers.

"It's okay." He says, stroking my hair.

"It is okay. I'm fine. I promise."

"Ariana, that's not normal."

"What?"

"You shouldn't be fine."

"No, Justin. I really am. She's been gone for 11 years, and I learned to accept it. It still hurts, but I can't bring her back, and I can't love her more than I did when she was alive." I say.

"So you're really okay?"

"I'll never really be okay, with all the stuff I've been through, but I'll be fine.  I promise, baby. Now can we worry about something else, please? I don't wanna think about this anymore."

"Yeah. We can watch something on Netflix."

"Don't say it." I wipe my face on Justin's shirt and he looks at me, unamused.

I giggle and he rolls his eyes.

"Just for that, I'm gonna say it. Netflix and Chill!" He yells.

"You don't need a shirt anyway." I lift his shirt over his head and throw it to the floor before laying my head back down on his chest.

"13 Reasons Why?" Justin asks.

"Yes!" I scream.

"You know what? Scream in my ear one more time and I will fuck you up." He says.

I giggle, running my hands through his hair. I kiss his cheek then pull away, but Justin pulls me back to plant a kiss on my lips.

"You're welcome." He says.

"For what?"

"Giving you a kiss."

"Shut up." I roll my eyes.