[59]

Justin

Thursday, 6:54 am

"Thank God it's over." Ariana says, wiping tears from her face.

"Are you still crying?" I ask.

"No. Leave me alone." She laughs.

The doorbell rings and I leave Ariana to wipe her face with my shirt, and Frankie to continue being knocked out.

Edward is standing on the porch, and he looks very upset.

"Hey. Come on in."

"Thanks." Edward walks in and I close the door before following him into the living room.

"Daddy." Ariana says, seeing that he was upset.

"Hey, baby."

"What's wrong?"

"Well, your mother was killed by someone who was in relation to Derrick. Like, one of his friends."

Ariana stops what she's doing and looks up at Edward.

"Are you serious?" She says.

"Ariana-" Edward says.

"Leave me alone." She stands up and walks out.

"Ari!" I yell.

I hear her on the stairs then a door slamming.

"What just happened?" Frankie asks.

"Your mother was killed by a friend of Derrick's. Ariana is very upset."

"Of course she is. Why wouldn't she be?" Frankie sighs.

"I'll be back." I walk upstairs and see the door to the bedroom closed.

When I try to open it, it's locked.

"Ariana, open the door."

"Go away." She says slowly.

"Ariana, let me the hell in."

"Justin, go the hell away."

"I will break this door down if you don't open it in ten seconds."

Silence.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6-" I hear the door unlock and the knob twists.

Ariana stands there with tears falling down her face.

"Baby." I pull her into my arms and she cries into my chest.

I rub her back, planting gentle kisses on her head until she calms down enough to get some sleep.

I leave her in the bedroom and walk downstairs where Edward and Frankie are getting ready to leave.

"Justin, thank you so much for all your help. But we're gonna go home now. Keep taking care of my little girl." Edward says.

"I will, sir." I close the door after they leave and go back upstairs.

Ariana is asleep in the bed, and I decide to join her because we both have had a rough night and I definitely didn't get enough sleep.

7:31 am

When I wake up, Ariana is not in the bed. I think that's the reason I woke up.

The door to the bathroom is closed, but I can see the light coming under it. I assume she's in there and go downstairs because I'm hungry.

When I finish my delicious bowl of cheerios, Ariana is still upstairs. I walk up the stairs to check on her and see the door to the bathroom still closed, the light still on.

"Ariana?" I knock on the door and receive no answer.

"Ari, baby. Are you okay?"

There's no reply, yet again, so I try to open to the door. It's not locked. I push the door open and see that the bathroom is empty, but there is a bottle of pills on the counter.

"Oh God."

AN--- HAHAHAHAAHAHA CLIFFHANGER!!! But that's besides the point. This book is almost over, BUT DON'T WORRY, I will be doing another one, NOT A SEQUEL!!! But it's still Jariana, because who doesn't love Jariana?