[39]

Ariana

Saturday, 10:37 am

After making arrangements all yesterday, it's finally time to leave. I am so ready to be out of this house, this neighborhood. I need to get away from all this mess with Jayce and Derrick and Wilson. The cameras and the stalking, it was too much.

About 30 minutes later, due to traffic, it took longer than expected, we arrive in Santa Monica. Justin drives to the beach house, which is right on the beach, obviously, and only 3 minutes from the pier.

"Are you ready?" Justin asks when he opens my door.

"Definitely ready." I nod and he lifts me out of the car, planting me on my feet.

My bare feet sink into the warm sand. This is gonna be the best five days of my life.

Me and Justin walk up to the house and he unlocks it with a key on his keychain.

"Barbara!" Justin yells.

A short woman with blond hair and brown eyes walks in and smiles.

"Justin! It's so great to see you." She hugs him then pulls away to look at me.

"And who is this beautiful young woman?" I feel my cheeks heating up as I smile.

"Barbara, this is Ariana. My 'girlfriend' I haven't asked officially yet."

"Well, hello, Ariana. I'm Barbara."

"Hi." I shake her hand.

"Ari, Barbara has been with my family ever since we got the beach house. When I was five. She's amazing. She makes sure everything is okay when no ones here, but she lives with her family about 3 minutes away from here."

"It's nice to meet you. And thanks for taking care of my baby long before he was my baby. We all know how extra he is."

"Yes, he is." Barbara laughs while Justin stands, definitely unamused.

"Well, I have to go. Leila has a softball game in an hour."

"Okay. Tell her I said do good." Justin says.

Barbara nods before picking up her purse and leaving.

"Now, what do you wanna do first?" Justin asks.

"I want a tour!" I say excitedly.

Justin chuckles.

"You sounded just like a little kid."

"Shut up." I giggle and Justin takes my hand, showing me through the house.

The best parts are the bedrooms, the living room, and the porch, where we can sit and watch sunrise or the sunset. Which ever one happens on this side.

Once Justin finishes the tour, we go retrieve our bags from the car and take them inside.

"I love this house!" I yell, collapsing know the couch.

"I'm never leaving." I add.

Justin laughs and we sit on the couch, talking, for almost thirty minutes.

2:03 pm

"Let's go to the beach." Justin says.

"Me likey." I go to change into my bikini, which Justin chose, and we walk to the beach, laughing and talking.

We were truly happy for the first time in a while.

AN: thanks for 3K reads!!! This book is growing so fast ❤️❤️❤️