Chapter Ten: Sonset II

Author's Note: Side characters, such as Lois Lane, will be described as their comic book selves as it is technically the most accurate description

Author's Note: Side characters, such as Lois Lane, will be described as their comic book selves as it is technically the most accurate description. An example being Lois has orange hair in the new movies, but in the comics it is commonly black.

-----------------

Silvia's plans for the day ended at finding Clark, so she aimlessly attempted to find a place for the Daily Planet staff to lay low until everything hopefully blew over. She and the thirty something journalists, photographers and workers had recently settled inside a subway station. They were all shaken, exhausted and terrified.

One of the young men sat staring unblinkingly at the wall, clicking a button on his watch over and over again. It made Silvia want to slap him in his freckled face. Part of her was going to ask him to cut it out, but she couldn't get herself to do that.

She wanted to go... Where? She had no idea. All she knew was that Metropolis was a war zone now and leaving was probably the best thing to do. But, she also knew that they were so deep inland that it would take days to get to a bridge out of the city, if they could stay alive that long.

Her encounter with that kryptonian still echoed within her mind... "Hey."

Silvia glanced away from the floor and saw that she'd been approached by a woman with medium length black hair and a set of bright blue eyes. "Let me cut to the chase. I know who you are. I'm a journalist, after all. What you've been doing today lacks a specific amount of blood and guts compared to your usual work. So, tell me, Why are you helping us?"

Silvia, M4 rifle still gripped firmly in her hands, shook her head. "C'mon lady, give me a break."

"And why were you after Kent? Huh? What do you want with him?"

"I am this close to smacking you in the face, okay? Don't try me." Silvia stated plainly, hovering her index finger over her thumb and leaving only the slightest bit of room between them.

Lois frowned, glaring at Silvia's mask. She opened her mouth and spoke softly "Look, I thank you for helping us. These people are my family, and I don't have a problem with you leading us away from that mess. What I do have a problem with, is that this doesn't line up. You never help anyone."

"I don't care what you think. All I do is what needs to be done. You--" Silvia froze as she heard a distant howling.

Lois' grimace slowly dissipated. "What is it?" She asked, calm but concerned.

The prompt cracking and shuddering of concrete in response said it all. Lois' eyes widened then moved over to the young man with the watch. "J-Jimmy...the watch..." She whispered.

The young photographer froze, dirt stained face painted with horror.

Silvia swallowed and stood up taller. "Run down the line. I'll...I-I'll buy you as much time as I can." She called to everyone.