Chapter Forty-Two: The Last Stand II

Clark was glad to find that the Fortress of Solitude was in the same location that it was in his universe, but his flight control wasn't exactly perfect since he was wrestling with a certain unkillable creature

Metropolis was now a battlefield for two Justice Leagues, and Clark knew that if he and Doomsday stayed there, it would become less of a battlefield and more of a crater. Their short fight in Metropolis already leveled buildings and tore up the foundations in such a way that it had to be completely relaid in certain parts. He had one idea to try to get rid of Doomsday though...and he needed the Fortress.

Superman speared through the air, arms wrapped around the impenetrable hide of the Kryptonian monster. Doomsday dropped blow after blow onto Clark's spine, and tried to wrench itself to disorient the Man of Steel. Clark had no choice but to grit his teeth and hold through the pain.The crystalline structure of the Fortress grew larger and larger, until the two god-like beings came crashing through it.  

Clark grunted in pain as he came rolling to a halt on the ground. When he opened his eyes, he saw that this Fortress was somewhat similar to his own...but it was still different. He focused and scanned the massive location, and finally found the device he was after. The Phantom Zone projector was on the other side of the Fortress but getting Doomsday there would be easier said than done. Sure, Clark had gotten him all the way over here...but accelerating at a great speed and not worrying about precision is much less tedious. Doomsday is like a wild bull; if he realizes what Clark has planned he'd be smart enough to take control of the fight.

As Clark pushed himself up, he saw Doomsday do the same. Superman huffed and clenched his fists. He knew that he could let loose now. Doomsday was an abomination; an unnatural synthesised lifeform with only the desire to murder. Clark would certainly put it down if he could. The most difficult thing about Doomsday was that whatever you killed it with, it would swiftly resuscitate itself and become immune to whatever it was that caused its death...

"Okay, ugly, where were we?" Clark muttered.

He performed a leaping strike, bounding into the air and smashing a fist into Doomsday's jaw on the way down. Doomsday's face glared back with a vicious grin. It sent a knee into Clark's chin, sending him flying into the air.The monster bounded after him, raised its hands and slammed them into Superman. The blow buried Clark into the ground.

The beast spat, then threw itself at Superman. Eyes igniting, the Man of Steel zipped up into the air, sent a hand out and clutched Doomsday's neck, preemptively ending its coming body slam. With a primal scream, Clark unleashed a ludicrous amount of heat from his eyes, bathing Doomsday in extremely lethal amounts of energy. 

The entire chamber was washed crimson, and massive cones of uncontrollable fire poured from Superman's eyes and tore at the grey creature's flesh.Suddenly, Doomsday fastened a hand onto Clark's face. The energy folded back onto its origin pointcand built up until it had nowhere else to go.