Chapter Forty-One: The Last Stand I

"I could just vibrate at the same frequency

"I could just vibrate at the same frequency." The Flash suggested to the concerned Superman.

Clark gazed over Barry's shoulder at his computer terminal as he responded "...Are you sure it leads somewhere?"

"Yeah...mostly."

Victor Stone, Cyborg, addressed this recklessness by turning in his chair and saying "Clark...we'll find her, I promise you that, but I don't think taking blind jumps is the way to do it."

Barry scrunched up his face in hesitant disagreement. "...How would we feel in his spot, Vic?"

"No, he's right." Clark crossed his arms as he spoke. "There has to be a better way...a way to...pull her back through?"

Barry tapped away on the computer terminal. "Well, theoretically, we could if I made some adjustments to the cosmic treadmill...but we don't have Silvia's data on record. If it were say, a Leaguer over there, we could plug their unique signature into the computer and anchor them back here."

"And since Sil isn't a League member, we never logged thorough scans of her physiology..." Clark muttered.

Cyborg and Flash both sent their eyes to Clark, who took a moment to weigh his options. He knew that he needed to find a way to get over there himself, to wherever Silvia was taken.At the moment, the only traces of evidence were a unique energy footprint that was left and an echo that Barry felt in the speed force, as if someone used a great deal of its energy.

Without warning, a bright flash of blue lightning consumed Clark's vision. His hearing went white, and every muscle in his body tensed and throbbed. He gritted his teeth and tried to peer through the lightning as it began to fade away.In came the images of a loaded and cluttered laboratory.

The slight 'pain' faded, and Clark stood taller as he saw who brought him here. "Luthor."

"Before you do anything rash...scan my vitals. It'll tell you everything you need to know."This mysterious Lex Luthor's request did in fact answer the big question. Silvia was taken to a parallel Earth...and now, so was Clark. This was an alternate Lex Luthor...

"You have a lot of explaining to do." Clark demanded.

"I know. I've been watching your world for some time. Unlike your Luthor, I never indulged in lawbreaking. It was quite disturbing to see, honestly. But what I'm about to tell you might be even more so for you." Lex keyed a few commands into a nearby terminal, and the machine that seemingly brought Superman here cooled to a dull silver and halted its low hum."I called on you because Bruce will never go through with it, though he tries to pretend like he will. This world needs you. It needs Superman." Lex admitted.

Clark halted and thinned his lips. "Where's Silvia?"

"...He has her. Our Clark Kent."

They were such close rivals that Clark could instantly read the dread and anger in Lex's eyes, even though they were from separate universes. "What aren't you telling me?" Clark asked, unsure if he wanted to hear the answer.