Chapter Thirty-Seven: Time Left Forgotten

Silvia had fallen asleep in the bathtub after a long while of sleeplessness

Silvia had fallen asleep in the bathtub after a long while of sleeplessness. She had stayed up, images flashing constantly in her head and refusing to give her peace. In the midst of her horror it was like her body shut down from the exhaustion it brought. That was probably the only reason she was able to sleep.

She hadn't wanted to lay in Superman's bed. She didn't want to be anywhere near the man, and so she had turned to the bath as her accommodation for the night.

Sometime during the night she felt her body being shifted into familiar arms. In her gaze she had cuddled closer to the warmth as if the whole ordeal had just been a bad dream.

"Clark..." She mumbled groggily, hands gliding over the textured symbol on his chest.

"It's alright, I'm here now." She heard his voice answer, his arms tightening around her.

Soon she was placed onto a surface much more comfortable than the previous one. The mattress was soft and she sunk right into it. Soon she was lost in deep sleep once more with a large hand being stroked through her hair.

The morning light shining on her face was what woke her up completely. It was nothing compared to the sun in her Metropolis but it was still annoying enough for her to groan in irritation.

She opened her eyes into slits, letting them against to the light. When they did she saw a figure sitting beside the bed and jumped up in shock. Superman was staring at her, and it wasn't her Superman either. It hadn't been just a terrible nightmare... It was real.

"H-How long have you been there?!" She said anxiously.

"All night." The man answered in a monotone. "I was afraid you'd disappear if I looked away."

Silvia wasn't sure if to be creeped out or feel sorry for him. Ultimately, her mind decided on both. She pulled the sheets higher up on her body but her eyes held sympathy, she would probably be the same way if she ever lost him.

Silvia wanted to remind him that this wasn't her universe, that she had another Superman waiting for her but before she could even open her mouth the door swung open. Diana stood in the doorway, a long dress hanging off her broad figure. The straps were hanging off her shoulders to show off her immense cleavage and there was a slit up the right leg.

"Kal-el, the meeting's about to start." Diana said, completely ignoring Silvia's presence. "We should meet in the war room before they arrive."

Her voice turned slightly sultry and Silvia didn't need any explanation. Superman didn't even give Diana a glance. He just waved her out. "Not today. I'll see you at the meeting."