Chapter Twenty-Six: Graveyard

The night was cold for Metropolis

The night was cold for Metropolis. It leaked into even the thick walls of Clark's apartment and shivered up Silvia's spine. She spent most of the night huddled close to her boyfriend, eating dinner and watching movies. Silvia herself loved old action films, where as Clark seemed to have a soft spot for romances. There was no way he was ever going to get Silvia to watch one of those...

Only when it was two in the morning did they plan on going to bed. Clark had insisted he take the couch but Silvia had reached up and pulled herself towards him, and the rest of his words were lost against her mouth. He kissed her gently, carefully, but it wasn't gentleness she wanted, not now, not after all this time, and she knotted her fists in his shirt, pulling him harder against her.

He groaned softly, low in his throat, but it didn't change. He remained careful and precise, his muscles tensing against every movement. Silvia pouted against his lips but his control only made her more determined to break it.

Silvia tugged his shirt over his head. Clark's glasses became crooked in the process but he was quick to straighten them again, not that it mattered because Silvia was too surprised by the amount of muscle he was hiding to notice.

Her fingertips grazed across his defined abs then up to his broad shoulders. She knew he was big but she thought most of that had to do with his height. Clark regularly wore loose clothing and large coats that did well in masking his figure.

Clark's eyes followed her hands as if it was the only of his four senses that he had left. He shivered when he saw that her hands were touching him, not when he felt it. Silvia gaped at the man in front of her before leaning back in to kiss him. Nothing had changed. He was still holding back.

Silvia growled impatiently and opted for kissing down his neck. Still his hands stayed gentle against her skin, hovering so lightly that he was barely touching her at all. She pushed away from him, eyebrows furrowing. He had a lot more restraint than anyone she'd ever been with...

Silvia had always been a little anxious about her body, but her stubbornness quickly outweighed that. Nine months was a long time for her to be in a relationship and not make it physical.

Her fingers were trembling as she gripped the bottom of her shirt. She swallowed any fear that accompanied this and pulled it off. She started slow, making sure he could savour each section of her pale skin as it was revealed and then threw the fabric into the corner of his room.

Silvia's body was athletic with hints of muscle peeking in various places; you could clearly outline the abs on her stomach. The skin was by no means flawless though. There were scars faded into places she'd been dealt a significant blow, including the shiv Batman had buried into her side.