Chapter Fifty-Nine: Foresaken Casket

Silvia had learnt a great many things after she met Clark

Silvia had learnt a great many things after she met Clark. One of them was how to hack military-grade security, since jumping in guns blazing wasn't exactly something she could do at that point. She was putting this skill to work on a LexCorp bulkhead, deep inside the Superman memorial that baldy had built after Clark's death.

She was frustrated that she was even doing this...but she couldn't shake the desire after what Martha told her. The old woman called her shortly after the fourth Superman wannabe arrived, bawling and distraught. She said she didn't know what was going on, that the black suited Superman visited her...wanted to know if she was okay. He also asked about Silvia. Martha barely said a word to the man, she was meant to be done with her grief. He wasn't compelled to try to convince her that he was Superman, he just wanted to know if she was safe. That was what Silvia couldn't forget.

"Fuck." Silvia hissed, on her fifth attempt to bypass the firewall. LexCorp tech was a lot more robust than the systems she was used to breaking through. If she screwed up this time, the dark chamber would be flooded with a type of knock-out gas that even she wasn't immune to.

After another twenty minutes of meticulous care taken, the massive promethium doors finally shifted, pulling themselves away from the centre seam.

"Oh thank god." Silvia sighed.

She snatched up her flashlight and pointed it at the tomb. Inside was a jet black coffin, adorned with a chrome silver 'S'. Her insides froze as she raised a hand onto its surface. Silvia shivered, then pushed on the lid with both hands.

The room was filled with cacophony, until the lid fell onto the ground with a tremendous bang. Silvia swallowed...she wasn't sure what to do now. For the first time in a long time, she didn't have a clue what to do.

"...I was planning on telling you first." A deep, serious mutter came from behind her.

Silvia slowly peered over her shoulder and spied the familiar yet annoying presence of Lex Luthor.

"Telling me what...?" She growled, urging the man to choose his next words very carefully.

"Before you get excited and attack me...again...I knew you were here as soon as you entered. I could've called the police, but I didn't."

Silvia wasn't in the mood for his shit, so she lunged forward and snatched the collar of his suit. "Telling me what?!" She roared.

Luthor for once wasn't wearing an irritating smirk... "Doesn't the coffin tell you enough?"

"No, it doesn't."

Luthor slowly reached up to his throat as he explained "My vendetta against him blinded me. I didn't realise how much the world needed him...until he was gone."

"Don't give me that bullshit."

"He gave me the assurance that I would be able to wake up every morning. And when he did die the entire planet lost that hope. I know you will never believe me, and I wouldn't either to be honest. But don't just take my word for it. I have a lab...records...proof."