Chapter Thirty-Five: Unjust

Silvia's ears started functioning before her eyes did and she heard the tiny, garbled chatter of people that sounded like they wore buckets over their heads

Silvia's ears started functioning before her eyes did and she heard the tiny, garbled chatter of people that sounded like they wore buckets over their heads. "The High Councillor thinks this is actually her?"

"No... he's just too smart to not consider it. I mean he's an alien from a dead planet, we have the daughter of a demon and an Amazon warrior princess working for us..."

Straining her eyes, Silvia finally managed to make out some blurry details of the room around her. She grunted as she shifted and sat upward. She seemed to be inside a cell. Inside this cell was a single bed, a toilet and... that's it. The entire cell was closed off by a clear wall like the ones containing the animals in Clark's Fortress.

She'd also been dressed in a simple orange prison jumpsuit, a type of clothing she thought she'd never find herself in again. In front of this cell were two soldiers, armed with advanced body armour and weaponry. "W-What...What the fuck is this?"

The soldiers glanced at each other and chuckled.Silvia pushed to her feet and immediately tried to ram her hand into the transparent wall keeping her from her captors. Her fist impacted with a shuddering rumble, but more damage was done to her fingers than the clear material.

With a growl, Silvia realigned her knuckles. "Who do you guys work for? Who's this High Councillor?"

"We've been given orders not to speak to you. Ma'am. So keep your mouth shut until he returns and requests your presence." One of the soldier spat.

Silvia laughed, pressing an arm against the window. "Yeah, you're a real tough guy. Let me out and I'll show you tough."

Minutes more of her bickering followed, but the soldiers were as silent and responsive as statues. Without being able to talk her opponents into submission, Silvia eventually threw herself back onto the tiny bed in her cell, trying to figure out why she was there and more importantly, how she was going to get out.

Who in the world could wrangle people like Raven, Killer Frost and Catwoman then make them all work together? Frost is selfish, she'd never work well with anyone else. The same can be said for Catwoman. And Raven on the same side as those two? Silvia knew that something was off, even though her confidence with her thinking skills was low. This High Councillor guy had to be someone really bad...like really bad.

Before long, Silvia's hearing managed to pick up a call that one of the soldiers received through their helmet. "I'm ready for her now." A familiar voice spoke, it was faint but Silvia swore she knew it.

"Yes, sir. Right away." With that, the soldiers stepped towards the cell. One slapped a button on the wall and the other stood with rifle at the ready. Silvia's eyes shot down at the weapon immediately...tempted. But she thought about it. If Raven, Catwoman and Killer Frost were just running around, who knows who could be stationed at...wherever this is. Silvia reluctantly gritted her teeth as the wall rose and a guard fastened a pair of cuffs around her hands.