Chapter Fourteen: Solar Powered

The backpack was old denim, deeply unfashionable and too big for her shoulders

The backpack was old denim, deeply unfashionable and too big for her shoulders. She crammed it full of clothes and other essentials until it was near bursting then hauled it onto her bed. She assumed that Clark was going to pick her up, otherwise there was no way she was going.

Despite how little she wanted to do this she was starting to enjoy his company... though she would never admit that out loud. The knock on her door had Silvia rushing to her feet. They barely had time to knock again before the door was pulled open.

Silvia's eyes widened in surprise at the orange-skinned alien grinning at her within plain sight. "Oh Reaper, Hello!" Kori chimed happily... and loudly.

Silvia, without a moments hesitation, grabbed the much taller girl's arm and pulled her inside. The door was forced shut and she swivelled around to glare at Kori. "What the fuck are you doing here?!"

"I have come to celebrate our blossoming friendship!" She replied with a giggle. "Perhaps I could help you with the murdering!"

Silvia stared at her in absolute bewilderment. She wasn't sure if she'd ever met someone so incredibly clueless before. Of course most of this could probably be blamed on the fact that she was an alien with no idea of their customs... but that only made her an even bigger mystery to Silvia.

"N-No... I don't do that anym-... Do you even know what that mea-" Her mind was reeling with questions, but through her clashing feelings towards the green eyed girl, she tried to simplify it to the most important inquiries. "How did you know where I live?"

"Cyborg told me!" She chirped. "He is very knowledgable."

"I'm sure he is... That still doesn't give you the right to show up without warning..." Silvia sighed, already exhausted by the other girl's oblivious nature. "And you have to stop calling me Reaper without my mask on... Do you even have a secret identity?"

Kori begun wandering around the apartment, eyes full of curiosity with everything she saw. "Oh, I did have one! But people seemed to notice me even without my costume on, the people of Earth are very observant!"

"You mean all you did was wear a different outfit?... You really thought that was going to work?" Silvia rolled her eyes, groaning in irritation. "You're a giant orange alien with no pupils, it's a little hard to miss."

Kori turned for barely a second, smile widening at her words. "Aww thank you. That is very sweet."

"Wh-What?" Silvia stuttered, taken back by Kori's reaction. "That wasn't meant as a compliment..."

Never had anyone so successfully dodged her insults before. Even now Kori was ignoring her previous words and pointing at a framed vial instead. "Ooh, what's this?"