Chapter Thirty-Six: Terminated

Silvia was so uncomfortable that she was suddenly painfully aware of herself; the orange jumpsuit itching against her skin along with the rash it was probably going to leave, the air cooling on the empty places her guns were usually sitting, and t...

Silvia was so uncomfortable that she was suddenly painfully aware of herself; the orange jumpsuit itching against her skin along with the rash it was probably going to leave, the air cooling on the empty places her guns were usually sitting, and the tightness of Clark's arms that she could still feel lingering around her

The Fortress was darker than she remembered and much more eerie. She pushed off of the door and sauntered through the hall, automatically on edge. She thought this feeling would change when she saw Hal but it only increased at the realisation that he was no longer green.

"H-Hey." Silvia mumbled. "Clark said that he wants me taken to h-his room..."

The Yellow Lantern stared at her for a few more seconds as if he was searching for something to prove that it wasn't really her. "I can't believe it's you."

Silvia wasn't sure how to reply. Her and Hal had become very close after their outing to the bowling alley, they would hang out together whenever they could. Silvia would even consider him a close friend... and that's why it was so saddening to see him change along with Clark.

It didn't take long for Hal to sense that she was feeling anxious at all the sudden changes. Silvia was expecting him to make a joke, but instead he simply sighed and motioned for her to follow him.

Their footsteps echoed hollowly from wall to wall, grabbing the attention of anyone they passed by. She assumed that everyone within the Fortress were siding with Superman... and that place was full of villains and heroes alike.

Everyone she spotted looked visibly older than she remembered, and so different that she struggled to recognise some of them. First she passed Catwoman, Killer Frost and Raven. Then Bane and Black Adam. Sinestro was next and this one disturbed Silvia most because Hal matched his yellow glow perfectly.

Soldiers marched through the halls, checking their weapons and planning their patrols, Hawkgirl flew above them and Solomon Grundy marched dumbly behind. Most surprising was Flash, who discreetly pressed a finger to his lips to silence her, but Silvia had no urge to speak until she saw Wonder Woman stride by her.

"Diana...?" Silvia said, disappointment apparent in her tone. "There's no way she'd be okay with this..."

Not her too... Not Wonder Woman. Silvia had so much respect for that woman, maybe even too much. She aspired to be like her, Diana was her inspiration, and now even she was corrupt. Silvia felt ill. Everything she thought she knew was crashing before her eyes and burning to ashes.

Hal glanced over his shoulder but decided not to speak on the matter... He knew Silvia would find out soon enough and he didn't want to be the one to tell her.