Chapter Forty-Seven: Titans Together

Consciousness usually came with the sun, but in Antartica it was always obscured by thick blizzards and grey clouds

Consciousness usually came with the sun, but in Antartica it was always obscured by thick blizzards and grey clouds. Silvia woke up in her own time whenever she stayed at the Fortress of Solitude, which was a relief because she was only ever there when she planned on having a particularly... exhausting night. Clark had even brought a bed for the 'Krypton' room, where the red sun drained away his powers. He had been pretty embarrassed about that when Silvia pointed it out.

Silvia stretched out on the bed, turning into familiar warmth with a contented sigh. Clark smiled and tightened his grip around her bare waist. Despite how small she was, and how fragile he saw her (and everyone else, for that matter), without his super strength he could feel the tight muscles winding over her body. His thumb skimmed over her stomach, now able to properly touch her toned abdomen.

Clark's fingertip grazed across one of the many scars that littered her body. He frowned. How many times had she been close to death? How many close calls had there been before he met her? The thought made him shiver. Though he had gone a long time without knowing her, he couldn't imagine life without Silvia anymore. He tugged her closer to his chest and she willingly snuggled into him. He couldn't think like that. The scars were just proof that she was stronger than anyone gave her credit for.

"Are you alright, Dorothy?" Silvia's voice grabbed his attention and he instantly glanced down at her. She was staring at him, silvery eyes full of concern.

Clark exhaled heavily, allowing a smile to slip onto his face. "Of course. I'm with you, aren't I?"

The girl managed to successfully suppress a giggle and shook her head. "You're so cheesy. That Superman charm isn't going to work on me."

Clark raised an eyebrow and directed towards their naked bodies. "Oh really? Seems to be working so far."

Silvia's lip curled, a common occurrence when she was trying to think of a comeback. She didn't get the chance though. Soon after Clark's communicator started flickering and vibrating on the side table. He got up immediately, grabbing his costume from the ground in the process.

"Hey, what did you need?" Clark said, holding the communicator to his ear and speaking through it.

The answer wasn't something Silvia could hear. It used technology that blocked outside sources from listening in, even people with enhanced hearing. She did see Clark's posture tighten though, and almost instantly, he was in what she liked to call 'Superman mode'. His body was tense and his stance was straighter.

"Alright, I'll be right there." He said, pressing the small button and placing it back on the table. Clark was slow in that room, and so putting his costume back on was incredibly irritating, he somehow managed it though without taking too much time.