Chapter Fifty-Two: Memorial

Silvia's stomach churned before she even had the chance to set foot into the building

Silvia's stomach churned before she even had the chance to set foot into the building. She was already aware of the sympathy she'd be getting from everyone inside, and it's not something that she wanted. She didn't want their pity, or their memorials, she just wanted Clark back.

Powergirl and Supergirl entered the giant tower before her, the doors swinging so that Silvia could see a glimmer of the inside before they completely pulled themselves closed. There weren't many people from what she had seen and that knowledge granted her at least a little comfort.

Serpents felt like they had been nesting in her chest for weeks now, and it were as if those creatures were the only thing forcing her into that room - the hope that their painful venom may be dulled by saying a final goodbye.

The atmosphere was much more relaxed than Silvia had been expecting. The moment she entered she could hear the faint chatting and laughing of familiar voices.

"So then Clark dropped his glass, filled to the brim with wine, and while he was down picking up the pieces he pretended to cut his finger!" Hal's loud voice boomed with amusement.

"Surely they saw that he wasn't bleeding." Diana said skeptically.

"That's the thing! While they were distracted he had dipped his finger into the tub of ketchup that came with our fries! They were none the wiser, never accused him of being Superman again!"

There was a roar of laughter from the group just as Silvia turned the corner. Barry smirked. "Guess that clumsy act was more convincing than we thought."

Silvia couldn't exactly disagree. She was fool enough to believe that he was just some fumbling reporter. He was actually a pretty good actor to convince so many people that he was the biggest loser on the planet... then again, without the powers he was the biggest loser on the planet.

Hal was the first to notice her in the doorway, arms crossed and eyes focused on the floor as if she had suddenly taken up an interest in carpets. "Silvia..." he had said just loud enough to grab her attention. She glanced up and provided them with the weakest smile he'd ever seen.

"It is good that you came." Diana quickly added. "For a while we weren't sure if you would."

Silvia took several breaths in order to muster up a shrug. "Figured I'd bless you with my presence at least once more."

"Once more?" Richard jumped to his feet and took a less ethical approach, grabbing a bottle of beer from the cooler and chucking it in her direction. She caught it, but not as easily as usual. Her mind was elsewhere. Richard directed towards the spare seat next to him. "Are you going somewhere we don't know about?"