Chapter Twenty-Four: Strike

In the bowling alley was a group of teenagers, two of them looking like they'd grown too much too soon

In the bowling alley was a group of teenagers, two of them looking like they'd grown too much too soon. The others weren't so thin, at least one sporting some pre-growth spurt chub. Every one of them wore a hoodie pulled up over a baseball cap and jeans hung so low that their legs appeared shorter. They had just finished their fourth game.

On the other side of the building was a bunch of kids, all laughing and stuffing their faces with the food laid out in front of them. There was chips, burgers, and soda to feed the whole lot of them; including the two adults that sat with them.

"So, we're just waiting on Rea-" One of them started, halting instantly and glancing over at the kids. "I mean, we're still waiting on the scary chick?"

"The 'scary chick'?" The other laughed. "Smooth, Hal."

"What else am I suppose to call her? I don't know her name." Hal leaned back in his chair. "Speaking of which, have you ever seen what she looks like?"

The other man shook his head, running a hand through his jet black hair. He was only about 5'10 in height compared to Hal who was 6'2. He made sure to wear a shirt that showed off his well defined muscles though, something that the girl's in the vicinity appeared overjoyed about.

The same couldn't be said for Hal who was wearing a thick pilot's jacket that covered most of his size, with white fur around the collar, his last name on the breast and various patches littering the sleeves and chest.

"I have!" Billy suddenly answered, the kids beside him too distracted by the food to pay attention to the conversation.

"Wait, really?" Hal said curiously.

"Is she hot?" The other man spoke up, shuffling forward in his seat. "I've always had a feeling that she'd be hot."

Hal shook his head playfully. "Is that really all you want to know, Dick?"

Richard tapped his index finger against his chin, pretending like he was thinking it through before grinning. "Yeah, pretty much."

Billy's eyes glimmered mischievously and he shook his head of thick, dark hair. "I'm not telling! You'll have to wait and see." The boy apparently thought it was rather entertaining to watch them wonder who lay behind the terrifying mask.

Every single person that passed by them, no matter how old or which gender, would instantly invoke a reaction from the two men. Billy thought it was hilarious. The last was a waiter, a man with a lean build and scruffy red hair. They had both narrowed their eyes and tried to imagine him in the Reaper costume.