Chapter Forty-Nine: Doomsday

Silvia sat on the ground by her motorcycle, tools strewn about her as she watched the credits roll on this weird Turtle Boy show on the tv mounted in the corner

Silvia sat on the ground by her motorcycle, tools strewn about her as she watched the credits roll on this weird Turtle Boy show on the tv mounted in the corner. Even though it was Superman making a rare appearance on national, maybe even worldwide, television, she couldn't help but want to watch it.

Clark thought that as the years passed by and more metahumans emerged, good and bad, he had to make an effort to connect more with the people. This was, once again, something that Silvia didn't quite understand since he was already the most outgoing and social Leaguer who wasn't completely unbearable. He said that this interview would be a good opportunity to see how to be a better Superman, whilst Silvia loathed the idea of interacting in any way with people.

Silvia tried to spend as much time as she could away from home, so she often came here to her little hideout. She couldn't bare seeing the place after what happened, especially since Clark was away for days now. She had her weapons, cycle and other equipment stored here, and it acted as a base of sorts. She was still trying to come up with a name for it.

As the commercial break came to an end, the logo for the Cat Grant Show flared up on the screen as some incredibly corny talk show piano music played. Silvia scoffed, looking back down to the work she was doing on her bike's engine. Cat Grant was like a dumber, less funny version of Oprah. And she also gave out significantly less free stuff. Meaning that she gave away no free stuff.

The camera faded in to show the viewers a shot of the blonde Cat Grant sitting sensibly behind a table with her show's logo slapped on the front. She smiled sweetly at the camera. "Many of you remember a day not too long ago that changed human history as we knew it. A day when we learned for certain...that we were not alone in this universe. For a lot of us, he seemed to be a God, untouchable and unreachable. But we've come to know and love him as a man; just a man trying to do the right thing with the gifts he's been given. He was the first in a long line of incredible men and women who dedicated their lives to protecting us day and night, for no pay, no glory, but because they feel it's right. Ladies and gentlemen, the one and only... Superman."

Silvia sighed and laid down the wrench that she was holding. It cut to a shot of a doorway on the side of the studio as more extremely corny music played and Superman appeared from behind it, confident yet humble as he always is. The audience's cheers were incredible. Clark walked sternly over to the chair opposite Cat's table, smiling and waving at both the cameras and the audience.

Silvia heard several whistles from excited housewives in the audience. She also felt a tinge of regret...

As Clark sunk into his seat, the cheering slowly died out, and Cat ogled the Man of Steel as he smiled expectantly at her.

"I'm speechless...having you here is the greatest thing that's ever happened on my show." Cat gushed.

The crowd roared in agreement, as Superman humbly grinned, shaking his head and chuckling. Silvia sighed, fighting the urge to let tears flow from her eyes.