Chapter Forty-Four: Diana of Themyscira

Warlords weren't within her usual MO, but Silvia had to make an exception this once

Warlords weren't within her usual MO, but Silvia had to make an exception this once. She'd been staying in an overpopulated South African town for the last few weeks, doing her part as the Reaper to take care of criminals and thugs threatening the good people there. 

It turned out that the large number of missing children reported to local law enforcement were kidnapped by a militant group and being turned into child soldiers...and Silvia wasn't going to let that happen. A lot of the families she had met had nothing but their children, and now some dirtbag was stealing them. It made her angry.

At the moment, Silvia was holding onto the undercarriage of a truck supposedly belonging to this group. It had been driving for approximately fifteen minutes so far, and Silvia was barely feeling any aching in her tensed arms at all. She just hoped that the info about this truck was correct and that this wasn't a waste of time.

Silvia then felt the truck come to a sudden halt... The cab doors opened and the driver leapt out, planting his feet firmly on the ground. With a bored trot, he paced away from the vehicle, not unloading the cargo stashed in the back.

The Reaper rolled from beneath the truck and melted into the shadows like a ghost, behind a massive stack of shipping containers. The driver just wrenched open the door to one of the several warehouses on the other side of the courtyard. 

Not being one for excessive stealth, Silvia bounded after him like a leopard, covering the distance in superhuman speed. Milliseconds before the door swung closed, Silvia snatched it and slipped inside. The driver paused but before he turned around, The Reaper sprung up, wrapped an arm around his neck and fastened a hand over his mouth. The man flailed madly, but Silvia had no trouble subduing him as he grasped onto consciousness. 

Limp, the body dropped to the ground, and Silvia sent her eyes up. This place was laden with weapon crates and military hardware...and a dozen militants standing there and staring at her.

"Ah. Fuck."

The men roared, unleashing a hail of bullets as they dove behind cover. Silvia launched herself at a support strut, scaled up it like an ape, and traced along the latticed beams. Once behind the enemy's cover, Silvia pulled her two pistols from her leg holsters and fired a dozen consecutive shots as she swept them around in a precise motion.

All at once, the mercenaries screamed in agony, collapsing and clutching their legs. One of them still had the willpower to snatch out his radio and screech eager commands at it.Not being fluent in Afrikaans, Silvia was left puzzled by the sudden intense screaming. Until, that was, an extremely loud crash made her jump and bring her guns back into action. 

A...tank just rammed itself into the warehouse. It stopped, then the turret rotated to stick Silvia in its sights. With an ear-shredding boom, the main cannon discharged, bringing down the entire warehouse with its explosive power.