Chapter Forty-Six: Under the Same Roof

Metropolis was as busy and bustling as it had been when Silvia left

Metropolis was as busy and bustling as it had been when Silvia left. Honestly, she had never gotten use to South Africa so she was relieved to return to the city she grew up in. The weather was a lot more preferable there too. Instead of being engulfed in sweat, Silvia could feel the newly damp air sinking, bringing a delicate awareness of her skin that she hadn't had for a while.

Clark's apartment kept in most of the cold which, for the moment at least, was welcome. If it ever became a nuisance though she knew she could just stand close to Clark and instantly feel his warmth. The lucky bastard didn't feel the cold or the heat.

Silvia grunted and jumped to press one side of laminated paper against the wall. The blu-tack stuck to the surface and kept it there. She sighed in contentment, stepping back with her hands on her hips to look at her handy work. Posters were now splayed against one side of the bedroom wall, all of classic action movie heroes.

Clark, who had to leave for a brief meeting with the Justice League, returned to find Silvia standing proud in front of the pictures. His eyes widened. When Clark had asked her to live with him he hadn't thought about her obvious obsession... Somehow he felt a little silly for not foreseeing this.

The contrast was immediately apparent. Clark's (and now Silvia's) room was spotless and fairly reserved. There was nothing inside apart from the necessities - a bed, clothes and a wardrobe to put them in. It reflected him well, but now Silvia's influence clashed with the previous simplicity. Never did Clark think that the day would come when he would be greeted by Arnold Schwarzenegger's face upon arriving home... even less that the poster would be watching him sleep.

It took much longer than it usually would for Silvia to sense his presence, she was too lost in admiration for the action movie collage she had created.

Her blonde hair whipped quickly through the air as she turned, eyes beaming and mouth stretched into a grin. "Welcome back, Dorothy!"

Clark, despite not being too thrilled about the change in decoration, still felt something swell in his chest. There was something so heartwarming about returning home to the person you love. It reminds you constantly of why you're fighting for a better world. Clark cracked a smile right back at her, grateful that he had convinced her to return to Metropolis with him.

Silvia stepped beside him, linking her arm with his. Her eyes flicked back up to the wall with a contented sigh. "Aren't they just so cool?"

Clark glanced back at the wall in confusion. Arnold, Bruce Lee, Sylvester Stallone, Jackie Chan, Dolph Lundgren... All he saw were a bunch of actors in makeup and a carefully selected wardrobe. Sure, they were talented. Especially Bruce and Jackie for their martial arts backgrounds, but he wouldn't exactly call standing in front of a camera and waiting for them to edit in the danger 'cool'.

"Uhh... I guess?" Clark answered, unable to hide the amusement that leaked out in his voice. Silvia faced real life-threatening situations every day and was now living with one of the most powerful beings on Earth... but old action heroes were what she considered worth mentioning. She really was odd. "Is this what you were doing the whole time I was out?"