Chapter Eleven: Sonset Epilogue

All the once tall buildings were no more than ash and charcoal

All the once tall buildings were no more than ash and charcoal. The air was heavy with the smell of burnt flesh and smoke hung in a haze that partially obscured the blood-red sun. Metropolis stood like a barren wasteland. Even the ocean was still like semi-stagnant pools of death and loss, there were no waves as even the wind had left the earth. The skies were blank, no birds flew or sang, And all the while the exhausting heat rained down like the breath of a beast.

There had been so many lives taken by the Kryptonian visitors, but now even they had been drawn back by the return of Superman. A few of them lay lifeless on the ground... but Silvia wasn't sure what had happened to Zod. Superman had taken him somewhere, likely the same place the General had trapped him.

Silvia's eyes flicked around at the destruction, making her way to the middle of the street where she saw a few of the heroes. It was odd. They were standing around and talking like normal people after a hard day's work. It was just jarring for Silvia to see.

Silvia had planned to walk right passed them; just looking at them made her feel uncomfortable. She didn't fit in with any of them - she was no hero. She had been all but useless in the fight. She had seen most of these people do amazing things, things she could only dream of.

The masked woman had just started to think she could get away without getting noticed by the distracted group... However, she was not that lucky.

"Oh it's you, Uh Silvia!" A familiar, high pitched voice called out.

She turned with a loud groan. Something told Silvia that her 'secret identity' wasn't all that secret. "It's just Silvia... No, wait... I mean..." She sighed. "It's Reaper."

"Oh, like how I'm Starfire!" Kori said gleefully. It seemed like a reoccurring thing for her to state the obvious as if it were much more complicated.

"I dunno, dude. I guess." Silvia answered with a shrug, digging her hands into her pockets awkwardly as a few of the superheroes turned to look at her.

"Come, Reaper!" Kori grabbed onto her arm and tugged hard enough for her hand to be yanked out of her pocket then dragged her over to the group with an unwavering grin.

It only took one attempt to get away for Silvia to realize that Starfire had super strength, something that she had absolutely no chance against. "H-Hey what the fu--"

"Friends, this is Reaper! She is a murderer!" Kori forced her inbetween the guy clothed in green that she had seen before, and a man she had never met before. He was about 6'2 with bulging muscles and dark hair slicked back. His outfit was red with a gold lightning bolt on his chest. She had seen a few pictures of him online... 'Shazam', they called him.

"Well, if it isn't 'shoots-gun-and-runs-fast' girl." The green man said with an amused tone, ignoring Kori almost as if this had happened before.

"Yeah. And you're...'makes-green-stuff' man?" Silvia asked.