tony padilla [6]

requested by @cakeilaxx

imagine; your boyfriend tony comforts you after you listen to your tape.

you can't believe what you have just listened to. the tapes of your dead best friend as known as hannah baker.

you listen to the tape again so you can carefully process every word hannah says. once you finish listening to the tape, you throw the headphones across your bedroom.

you're part of the 13 reasons why she committed suicide is because you started to spend more time with your new boyfriend. however, hannah did start pushing you away, so you have no idea how to respond.

"(Y/N)! you're going to be late for school if you don't get your butt moving sweetie!" your mom shouts from downstairs.

you stand next to the door and start coughing as loud as you can. "i don't think i can go in mom."

"fine. play sick for the day, just don't be crying to me when school is chasing your ass. love you, bye!"

you close the door and before you know it, tears start forming in your eyes and you can't stop yourself from crying.

"fuck! this is all my fault, i killed my best friend!" you whisper to yourself, as you rest your head in your hands.

the sound of your phone breaks the silence. you grunt and unlock your phone to recieve dozens of messages from tony.

"where are you?"

"answer me!"

"is everything okay?"

you text back saying that you're fine and you turn your phone off. you can't stay in this house any longer so you leave and start walking to your next destination.

the infamous cliff.

however, tony is concerned about you so he drives to your house but when he sees you leave, he decides to follow you.

when you arrive at the cliff, you stand on the edge and break down in tears. you scream and shout at the top of your lungs.

"fuck! i fucking killed my best friend!" when you calm down a little, you wipe your eyes with your tears and take a deep breath.

"i took someone's life away and i don't deserve to live anymore."

you slightly bend your knees to prepare yourself for the jump and as you're about to jump, you feel a strong pair of arms wrap around you tightly.

you're too shocked to fight the person off, you literally just tried to take your own life away.

"don't go."

"tony? what are you doing here?" you're still wrapped in tony's arms.

"(Y/N), i know about the tapes. hannah trusted me with them and i'm so sorry that i couldn't tell you."

you sob. "tony, i killed my own best friend. this is so wrong."

tony turns you around so he can look at you and he holds your face with his hands.

"everything is going to be okay. i am going to help you and i'm never going to leave you."

you don't respond, you just nod your head.

"i will do everything i can to help you, but please promise me one thing."

"sure." you mumble.

"never do that again, you can't leave me."

you break down in tears yet again and tony quickly pulls you into his arms. you cry into your shoulder and nod your head. "i promise."

~||
that gif breaks my heart omg :(

but, apparently season 2 will be focused on jessica??