jeff atkins [11]

requested by @lynnmarie12204

imagine; you attend jeff's funeral.

today is the day. it's the day of jeff's funeral and you cannot believe that you lost the love of your life.

two weeks ago, jeff died in a car crash. that night changed everything for you.

"(Y/N), are you ready?" your mom quietly asks, as she opens your door.

you look over to your mom and nod. speaking without bursting into tears has been very difficult for you.

you reluctantly stand up from your bed and look at yourself in the mirror. it's the first time in two weeks that you actually spent time showering yourself and putting make-up on.

your parents take you to the funeral and offer to stay as company, but you refuse. you tell them that you want to do this on your own.

the funeral takes place in the graveyard, around jeff's tombstone. his coffin hasn't been buried underground yet so there's a hole in the ground.

everyone from liberty high show up, but everyone is dressed in black and no-one is talking. it's weird for you to see people like justin foley and bryce walker looking serious.

you do notice one thing and that is clay jensen not being at the funeral. surely, they were good friends? maybe clay is too upset to show up.

the priest stands up and prays for five minutes, before nodding to jeff's mother to walk up and give her speech.

his mom walks towards the coffin and stands next to it, blowing her nose into the tissue.

"my baby boy, oh my sweet little angel," she wipes the tears from her eyes, "how can this world take someone so beautiful like jeff?"

she places her hand on the coffin and strokes it for a few seconds. "you see, my son never hurt a soul. he would never hurt a fly and he was so so so kind."

the mom pauses to take a deep breath and continues speaking. "he loved us all and we loved him. we n-never even had any bad memories."

she stammers and blows her nose into the tissue again. "i'm s-sorry, but this world is a cruel place." she turns to the coffin and kisses it lightly. "i will see you soon, jeff. love you."

jeff's mom walks back to her husband and he wraps his arm around her shoulder to reassure her that she did well.

"(Y/N)?" the priest calls and you walk up to him. you nod your head at him to say thank you.

thank god the coffin is closed or you would have threw up on the spot.

you take a shaky breath and begin your speech. "thank you to mr and mrs atkins for allowing me t-to d-do this. uh, me and jeff, wow we-" you get cut off by the tears which are streaming down your cheeks.

"i-i'm sorry, this is very difficult for me," you lightly chuckle, "me and jeff had something very special. we dated for god knows how long and he made me so happy."

you gulp. "he was the only thing that made me happy and now that's gone. gone just like that. poof."

"it's unfair how there are disgusting people in this world who get to survive and live their life, whilst an innocent person like jeff doesn't even get a chance to live their life." you look up to the sky to calm yourself; you can feel anger rising up inside you.

"we planned our future together and i wasn't even really that serious about it, but jeff... he was serious about it. he acted as if we was going to be together forever." you wipe your eyes with the palm of your hand.

"even though we physically can't be together anything, he will always be in my heart. cheesy, but he's definitely engraved in my memory." you pull a polaroid of you and jeff kissing in a photobooth from your pocket and you place it next to the coffin.

on the back of the polaroid, you wrote a small message saying "forever in my heart. love you x"

you turn back around and walk to your seat. once everyone has walked up to the coffin to drop gifts off and say goodbye, four graveyard workers hoist the coffin up.

they use a crane and gently place it in the ground. when they get out, they grab a spade and start putting soil to fill the hole in the ground up.

that's it. that's the last time you will ever be with jeff atkins.

~||
i'm sorry if this isn't accurate, i have never attended a funeral before so what i know is from tv shows and movies

OHGOD THIS IS SO SAD BUT I ENJOY WRITING EMOTIONAL IMAGINES TOO!