clay jensen [10]

imagine; you find clay's tape

"i'm going to get us some snacks, be back soon babe." clay quickly kisses you on the lips, before going to the kitchen to make snacks for the deadpool movie.

you grab your phone to reply some messages, but to your luck, your phone has no battery. you get up from clay's bed and start looking around the room for his phone charger.

you look through his drawers, under his bed and possibly everywhere. however, the only thing you haven't checked is his backpack.

clay is protective over his backpack and always makes sure he doesn't leave it anywhere when he goes out.

you sneakily walk over to his bag and quietly unzip it. you see a large shoebox and to your curiosity, you grab it from the bag and open it.

you find a bunch of tapes and you're too lazy to listen to them all; you don't have enough time so you pick up a random tape. tape six.

you also find a walkman in the box and put tape six in and press play. when you hear hannah's voice, you run to the bathroom and lock the door behind you.

you listen to the whole tape without pausing, when you find out that it's dedicated to clay; you just couldn't stop listening.

by the end of the tape, tears are streaming down your face.

"(Y/N) are you in here? i don't hear any flushing?" clay lightly knocks on the door.

you wipe your tears away and sniffle. "oh my god clay, can't a girl get some privacy?" you take clay's headphones off and hide the walkman behind you, as you open the door.

clay notices that you have been crying and he immediately pulls you in for a hug which causes you to drop the walkman.

you pull away from clay's arms and apologise for listening. "i-i was looking for your charger and i f-found this."

clay picks up the walkman and sees that the tape you listened to is his tape.

"did you listen to all of it?" clay asks and you nod your head.

"and what did you think about it?"

you gulp and take a deep breath. "i-i didn't realise that hannah was in love with you and i-it was strange for me to hear her say these things about you."

"oh, and the whole tapes situation which is made by someone who isn't here anymore? please don't tell anyone (Y/N)."

you nod your head again, "of course i won't clay!", there is a long silence afterwards which makes you feel awkward.

"(Y/N) you know that i only love you right?" you notice tears threatening to spill from clay's eyes.

"it's okay, honestly. h-hannah was your first love and i only know her from the good things you told me about her."

clay pulls you in for a hug and you rest your head on his shoulder. "you're my first love, not hannah."

you still have your arms wrapped around clay, but you pull away enough to look at his face.

"i thought hannah was your first love."

"well, there's no replacement for hannah baker. but, she was the first girl to actually notice me and have feelings for me."

clay rests his forehead on yours and gazes into your eyes.

"(Y/N), you're my first love. i mean, i'm dating you. i never dated hannah and i didn't even know she felt the same about me."

you smash your lips into clay's lips and slide your arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. when you pull away, clay grins at you.

"god, i fucking love you so much (Y/N)."

"whoa, chill out jensen with the swearing. but, i love you more." you giggle.

~||
stepmoms are so annoying wtf can i rant to someone