alex standall [12]

imagine; your best friend justin starts hanging out with your crush alex

there he is. laughing with his friends and looking so attractive. alex standall.

alex joined liberty high last week and the only conversation you had with alex was when you bumped into him, and you apologised.

you really want to talk to the guy, but you get nervous whenever he is near.

"still stalking alex?" justin laughs as he wraps his arm around your shoulder.

"oh shut up foley. you're still stalking me." you jokingly say.

you push justin's arm away from your shoulder and he pretends to act offended. "the offer is still on the table after two years. we would make a pretty good couple you know (Y/L/N)."

this makes you blush, only because a guy is flirting with you. not because justin makes you feel that way.

you look over to alex again and he looks at you. alex holds eye contact with you for a few seconds until you look away.

"holy shit! that was intense." justin shouts and you tell him to be quiet. your best friend smirks at you and walks towards alex.

oh god, what is justin doing? he sits on alex's table and initiates a conversation with alex. within seconds, they are already laughing.

sometimes, you wish that you could be socially outgoing like justin is. he has a big circle of friends and always gets invited to parties, but prefers to hang out with you.

you distract yourself from alex by getting your phone out and read fanfiction.

"uh, hey?" you look up and it's alex. yes, the alex standall. "mind if i take a seat?"

"s-s-sure." you stammer. you feel your face heating up.

you smile awkwardly at alex and look around for justin who is nowhere to be seen. "nice weather today." alex attempts to make small talk with you.

you nod your head quickly and attempt to continue reading your favourite fanfiction. "(Y/N), justin told me that you would be a good person to give me a tour of this town. i still have no idea where is what."

this causes you to widen your eyes and stammer again. "o-oh yeah, s-s-sure."

alex smiles at you and you both arrange to meet after school to start the tour. the bell finally rings for lesson and you say goodbye to alex before quickly walking off.

noticing that justin is walking in front of you, you shout his name and justin turns around.

"thank you so much justin! i can finally make out with alex now that we are going to hang out." justin mocks you using a voice that is nothing like yours.

you slap justin's arm and roll your eyes. "thanks for that."

~||
who is a fan of the maze runner?