montgomery de la cruz [22]

IMAGINE MONTY is worried about how to get you back, so he asks zach for advice and follows it.

standing outside prom, monty is in a discussion with zach about why baseball is better than basketball

standing outside prom, monty is in a discussion with zach about why baseball is better than basketball. however, the discussion ends when the boys see you walk into the hall, "so how are you going to get her back?"

monty shakes his head and chuckles at zach, "get her back? (y/n) hates me," zach shrugs his shoulders in response, "you could try?"

monty throws his plastic cup onto the floor and kicks it out of sight, "how? please give me some of your expertise with your zero relationships!"

zach places his hands in the pockets of his pants, ignoring monty's insult, "you could always make her jealous. dance with another girl and maybe, she'll confront you."

monty nods his head, walking into the hall looking for a girl to dance with. when he sees courtney, he confidently walks over to her, "want to dance with me?"

courtney's friends giggle and encourage her to go with monty, who grabs her by the waist and starts swaying slowly. courtney pulls monty closer by wrapping her arms around his neck, "you smell nice."

not hearing courtney's somewhat of a compliment, monty looks around the hall. when he sees you, he smirks as he notices that zach is talking to you and pointing towards monty's direction.

monty keeps his smirk on his face, as you walk towards him and courtney, "you asshole!" you storm out of the hall, with monty chasing after you.

"(y/n), wait!" you ignore monty and continue walking towards the school exit, "i love you (y/n)!"

when you hear this, you stop walking and turn around to face monty, "after all this time, you say this now?" the guy in front of you takes a step forward, shaking his head.

"i have always loved you, i just didn't know how to say it," monty grabs you by the waist and forces your arms to wrap around his neck, "can we just stop fighting for once and dance together instead?"

you nod your head in response, feeling monty's smile on your shoulder, "zach told me everything and the stupid plan, do you really think it would work with courtney being gay?"

monty moves his head from your shoulder and looks at you, "then, why did you call me an asshole?" you shrug your shoulders, "i'm not sure why, zach just told me to.

[ credits to gif owner ]