jeff atkins [17 • part 2]

PART 2 to the previous jeff imagine!

IMAGINE JEFF is drunk at a party and he confronts you about why he left you.

entering liberty high, you walk towards your locker avoiding the stares from the baseball team

entering liberty high, you walk towards your locker avoiding the stares from the baseball team. you wonder to yourself as to why they are staring at you and then, you realise... the party on saturday.

quickly, you grab the books needed for the day, slam the locker and storm off to the first class of the day. when you reach the class, you find a seat at the front and wait for the teacher to arrive.

the classroom starts to fill with students and the teacher walks in, announcing that there's going to be a group project, you groan internally.

"quieten down, children! do not worry, i have partnered you all up. i think the person you are going to be working with, is the best choice."

annoucing the partners, when she finally reaches your name, you feel a sudden pang of nerves. "(y/l/n) and de la cruz!"

what?! your partner is montgomery de la cruz, no offence to the guy, but how are you supposed to get the perfect grade?

"please seat yourselves next to your partner for the semester and discuss the assignment, i will write it down on the board mr down, do not fret."

you look around the room, searching for monty and he catches your eye. monty walks over to you and sits next to you.

"thank fuck you're my partner, i need to give you something."

you roll your eyes in disgust. "monty, if you're trying to give me drugs or something, you can seriously go."

your response causes monty to laugh loudly. "cruz, be quiet!" the teacher scolds your project partner and monty immediately stops laughing.

"no, but seriously though, i can hook you up with some heavy shit," monty clears his throat. "i need to give you this and don't talk to me about it and get all, like, sappy and shit. my therapist says that i'm like, emotionally five or whatever, so i can't handle crying."

he hands you a folded up piece of paper from the pocket of his letterman jacket and you place it in your pocket.
____________________

you're sitting in your bedroom, re-reading the note monty has given you in class. it read,

dear (y/n),

i'm sorry about saturday, what i said to you was uncalled for and you don't deserve it. i guess i was mad, because of the break-up ... but, never mind. anyways, if you read this, can you please text me? my number is the same and i really would like to talk to you.

jeff
____________________

when it's pitch black outside, you decide to get ready for bed. you climb into bed and clutch the note in one hand with the phone in the other hand.

you sigh to yourself, unlocking the phone with your thumb and opening the conversation with jeff. you send him a message saying "hey..."

less than 10 seconds, your phone vibrates and you see that it's a message from jeff.

jeff: hi, how are you?
jeff: i miss you :)

you: i'm fine, thanks... i miss you more

jeff: i love you and i want you to be my girlfriend again
[MESSAGE DELETED]

you stare at your phone screen, watching the three dots in the text bubble... what is taking him so long?

jeff: lets be friends?

oh... you thought.

you: no, can you be my boyfriend again? i still love you stupid
[MESSAGE DELETED]
you: sure! i would like that

[credits to gif owner]

oooo, quite a few people commented asking for a part 2... so here you go!