eleven: talk

Justin

"What are you smiling at?" She interrupted and I quickly closed Shayra's text window.

"A joke" I said and and grabbed a spoon to start eating the dinner she had made.

"Didn't seem like you were smiling at a joke" She said as she sat down across me.

"You don't know me that well to tell if I'm smiling at joke or something else" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"How is she?" She asked.

"She as in?" I said and she glared at me.

"Why would I ask how one of you're hoes are doing Justin?" She said.

"Then who is the 'she' you care about?" I taunted, knowing exactly who she was talking about.

"Because she is my da-

"Don't even say that" I said through gritted teeth and she huffed.

"Fine then tell me who the hell is this slut you sleep over at almost everyday?!" She said and I smirked involuntarily.

"First of all, there is no 'slut' here. She's the commitment type of one but still handles me better than anyone has" I said and she chuckled bitterly.

"She is more than just gorgeous and oh you know what?" I said.

"She loves kids" I emphasized on 'loves' making her clench her jaw.

"Yeah, I might even take her meet Marilyn one day, they'll both love each other" I said and just like that I imagined Shayra and Marilyn actually meeting.

"And also.....she cooks really amazing, she's half Indian, I get to eat a lot of good chicken" I said pointing at the tasteless noodles in my plate.

"I put in efforts to cook for you but you still do this" She said.

"You just did this so I won't go out tonight" I spat.

"Just because you want to be with that hoe yo-

"Call her something like that once again and I won't come back home even these couple of nights that I do" I cut her off and she shut up.

I sat up and stormed up to my room and plopped down on the bed before opening Shayra's text again. And couldn't help but laugh again.

She keeps sending me the jokes her mom sends her and they are hilarious. Sometimes I don't get the Indian references so she explains me that.

I sent her text asking if she could face time right now but she said that she has already fixed a facetime appointment with 'someone'.

I know that 'someone' is Kevin and I hate it.

My breathing became slightly heavy and jaw clenched as the thought wouldn't let go of my mind.

I can't even explain how much I hate seeing Shayra with Kevin but I can't do anything about it. I can't give her a reason to stick with me instead of Kevin.

I knew the thought will keep me up so I took a sleeping pill and closed my eyes and waited to fall asleep.

My mind relaxing at the imagination of Shayra and Marilyn meeting.

*****

The next day, I was in my cabin, reading a file but I slammed it shut and placed it on the table because I couldn't concentrate since Shayra hasn't showed up yet and she's not even picking my calls up.

I have checked her cabin a million times since morning and even told Giselle to send her in as soon as she comes.

Shayra is always before time everyday and she informs me if she is going to be late at all. Should I go ask Kevin if he knows about this at all?