forty eight: the question

Shayra

-6 months later-

I was lying on the bed, reading Marilyn a story when she yawned while I was in the middle of a sentence. 

"Do you feel sleepy now?" I asked and she nodded.

"Alright" I said and put the story book away before I started to massage her scalp with my fingers. This technique puts both; the dad and the daughter to sleep in a minute.

"Hello there ladies" Justin finally came out of the shower and plopped down on the bed beside Marilyn.

"Mommy?" She said and I hummed in response.

"Once baby Julian is here, will you love me less?" She asked.

We recently discovered that its going to be a baby boy and it didn't take Justin and Marilyn even a day to decide the name. We all agreed on Julian.

"No honey, not at all, why would you think that?" I said and glanced at Justin who shrugged.

"Because...because..." She trailed off and I made her look at me.

"Because what sweetie?" I asked and sat up facing me and Justin and folded her legs.

"Because he's going to both yours and dad's baby together. So will you love him more because he's yours and I'm not?" She said.

"What?! Baby no! Who said you're not mine? You are mine okay? I may not have given birth to you but you call me mommy and you were the first one to ever call me that. So you'll always be my first baby and I won't love you more than I love baby Julian, you know why?" I said and she furrowed her eyebrows worriedly.

"Why?" She asked and I smiled.

"Because I love both my babies just as much as I love the other, both of you together make me a mother Mare and I'd be incomplete without either of you" I said and she grinned widely before hugging me and I hugged her back.

"I love you baby, don't you ever think that again" I said and kissed her forehead.

"I love you too mommy" She said.

"I gets no love" Justin fake sobbed and I rolled my eyes while Marilyn giggled and pulled him in the hug too.

They spent a couple minutes talking to baby Julian and kissing my bump occasionally before Mare started to feel too sleepy and she went off to her room.

Justin then made me lay down and pulled the duvet over us and switched off the lights. He laid down beside me before snuggling me into his chest.

"Do you need the hot water bag?" He asked.

"Nope, I'm good" I said and he smiled and pecked my lips.

The past six months have been very tough and scary for me. I have to a 100 times more careful than a normal pregnant woman which, the doctor made it clear when we paid her the first visit. Usually, exercise and doing stuff is suggested to woman while pregnancy but I'm not allowed to exert myself at all.

Not allowed to pick anything heavy or bend to much, eat anything not suggested by the doctor, basically, not putting any pressure on my stomach.

Sometimes my stomach hurts a lot and I'm a complete mess during that but the doctor said that women do face pain when the uterus starts expanding but I will face ten times more hurt because of the underdevelopment of mine.

But so far, everything is going fine for our baby J, he's growing up fast and healthy inside me and that's what I'm thankful for.

The doctor said that we cannot take a sigh of relief until the baby is finally out, so the one person who has been my rock since the day one is Justin. It wasn't only me who went on a break but Justin doesn't go to the office to and works from home. He's around me 24/7 giving me everything I need, he even learned to cook.