thirty nine: pick one

Shayra

Justin came home and hour ago and all he told me was 'she is really alive'. He hasn't spoken a word after that. Hasn't told me how is she alive, what happened while he was there or anything at all.

My mind is telling me to fear the the worst but somewhere my heart hopes that maybe it won't be the way I fear it will be.

My patience was ending, I couldn't wait for him to come to me and tell me, I'm going to go and ask him myself.

"I'm going to go up to Justin" I said to Pattie and climbed upstairs.

When I opened the door, I heard Justin talking, he was on the phone with someone.

"Yes, please arrange me the best lawyer, this divorce is important to me, I have every kind of evidence and witness you need. And don't worry about the fees." He said and I walked to him and sat down on the bed beside him.

"Yeah sure, thanks" He said and hung up.

"Shy, I was going to call you, I wanted to talk" He said, he seemed nervous.

"Was that call about Divorce with Angela?" I asked and he nodded.

"I have a friend who's is a criminal lawyer so I asked him arrange a lawyer for the divorce" He said.

"Why didn't you do this before?" I asked and he looked up at me and sighed.

"I tried but Marilyn was in an orphanage and I would work so much, I didn't have the resources to take care of Marilyn, she's so little so the lawyer told until I don't get someone to take care of her, it's hard for me to win the case" He said and I nodded.

"Right" I mumbled.

"So, at Lily's place..." He started and licked his lips.

"She explained me how she's not dead..." He trailed off and told me everything she told him.

"Oh my god, so the one you buried was her friend and not her?" I said and he nodded.

"Yeah" He said.

"She's still the same, it barely felt like anything has changed when I saw her" He said in a voice, just above a whisper.

I didn't know what to say or do.

"She asked me a question before I left, told me come at a conclusion soon" He added.

"Wh-What question?" I asked even though, I think I know the question.

"She asked me 'what now?'. Now that I know she's alive, what do I do? Either go back to her or continue with you" He said and I shut my eyes for a second.

I knew it.

I inhaled deeply so that my voice won't crack as I speak and grabbed his hand.

"Its okay Justin, you don't have to think too deep, we all know your answer" I mumbled and his eyes snapped at me.

"What? Not think too deep? Shyara do you have an idea of how hard this is for me? no one knows my answer, because I don't know it myself!" He said.

"I'm just so fucking confused, I want to pull my hair out!" He almost yelled.

"Justin loo-

"She gave up her life for me, ran away with me, I got a stripped pregnant while we were engaged but she accepted me with that, decided to raise the kid with me, treat the kid like her own but then this disaster took place and everything went wrong in my life and then there is you, you cleaned up the mess I had made, you put all my shattered pieces together, you helped me out of the hell I was living in. How am I supposed to choose?" He said.

another  chance 🌹• jb-kjजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें