forty six: the bracelet

Shayra

I was a good 20 minutes late for work as I pushed open the door of Justin's cabin. I was about to start apologizing but I saw the police officer and stopped.

They were busy in a conversation and Justin looked tensed.

"Hey" He said when he saw me.

"Lock the door" He said and I nodded and did the exact.

I walked to them and placed my bag on the chair.

"Did you find something?" I asked the officer and he nodded.

"We searched every corner of your house for traces of finger prints, but one of them was  clever enough to use gloves, not leaving a single mark at all. But, we found something beneath your bed...." He trailed off and handed me a small plastic pouch in which there was a bracelet with 'J' as an initial on it. 

"J?" I mumbled.

"I gave it to Lily on her 20th birthday" Justin said and I looked at him.

"So this means..."

"Yes, this means Lily is the other person" The officer cut in and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Other person?" I asked.

"It wasn't done by one single person Ms. Chopra, we found this bracelet and a finger print that doesn't match your's, Mr. Bieber's or his daughter's but matches with Mr. Bieber's ex wife" He said and my eyes widened.

"S-So both of them....together?" I said and he nodded.

"My men are still examining the place even when these are enough proofs, just in case we find something more" He said and I nodded.

"I'll keep ya'll updated" He said and left.

"I can't believe this..." I mumbled and looked at Justin who looked a mixture of angry and hurt.

"I can't either. It would've been less painful if it was Lily only, but the fact that she did this all with Angela is just unbelievable" He said.

"What are we gonna do now?" I said.

"What we're supposed to. Not hide them behind our backs" He said.

"Jay are you sure? I mean, this is not just Angela its Lily too" I said and he huffed.

"Can we go to the park?" He said suddenly.

"Now?" I said and he nodded.

Without waiting for my reply, he grabbed my hand and lead me out of the office and we walked to Central park.

We didn't speak at all, until we found a quiet place to sit and sat down beside each other.

"Justin what's the matter?" I asked and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"I...I made a mistake" He said and I froze for a moment and my heart beat sped up.

"I made a mistake that day, when I chose Lily and not you" He said, snapping me out and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"After making a choice, you're supposed to feel comfortable right? But I never felt like that. I never felt comfortable around Lily and I thought I was to blame for it because I kept thinking you. I kept convincing myself like that but I always knew that she was the one who changed. Since she came back, I never felt like how I used to before. She wasn't like this you know, Lily was always very innocent, shy and timid. And I never found the old Lily, whom I fell in love with in this new Lily" He said and looked at me.

"I kept thinking that I might never fall out of Love with her but I did, this new Lily made me believe that I can never get my Lily back because I've lost her forever and this is a whole new person, not the kind of change I was wishing for. And this bracelet....it didn't shock me as much as it should've. Somewhere, I knew it was her the moment I saw everything out of place at your house but I tried not to jump to conclusions" He said and I licked my lips.