fourty one: witness

Justin

"Hey, I wanted to talk" I said as I hugged her from behind while she was folding the clothes.

"Yeah?" She said with a smile.

"So since Angela has decided to fight back with full force, we also need to be equipped enough to fight back" I said.

"Justin, we have Marilyn herself, you, me and Mrs. Banks. What more do we need?" She said and I sighed.

"Shayra" I said after a pause.

"Lily....Angela is definitely going to include how I was 'cheating on her' with Shayra and I don't wanna take any chances. I want full costody of Mare" I said and she looked down and nodded.

"Right" she mumbled.

"But would she do it? I mean, she's obviously not in a good start of mind right now" She added.

"No, Shayra isn't that type of a person Lily, she loves Marilyn just as much as Mare loves her, she'll do anything for her" I said, sounding defensive.

"Oh okay" She said and nodded.

"So I'll ask her at work tomorrow" I said.

******

Now that it was time for me to finally ask her about the witness thing, I started contemplating. 

I feel like I'm using her, only going to her when I need her. But at the same time, I know she'll do it without a second though.

I huffed and stood up and adjusted my blazer before walking out of my cabin and walking into Shayra's.

"Hey" She said when she saw me and I smiled.

"Hey, I uh, wanted to talk to you about something, its about the divorce thing" I said.

"Oh" She shut the laptop screen and I sat across her.

"So after getting to know that I'm filing a divorce against her, Angela decided to fight back and has hired a really good lawyer for her and now our case has officially gone to the court" I said.

"Oh my god" She mumbled and I nodded.

"So I feel like even though our side is true, we need to be equipped enough to win this. I want complete custody of Marilyn and I just want erase Angela out of our lives" I said.

"Yeah, right" She said.

"So...for the witnesses, we have the strongest witness that is Marilyn herself. Lily, me and Mrs. Banks are going to give our witness too" I said and she nodded.

"I think you'll win-

"But this can't be done without you Shayra" I said and her face softened.

"Me?" She said and I nodded.

"Angela will obviously bring you up and talk about how I 'cheated' on her with you and you've done so much for Marilyn that you have to be there" I said.

"Justin, I'll do anything for Marilyn but..I-is Lily okay with me-

"Of course, why not!? We're all doing this for Mare" I said and she nodded.

"Okay, I'll be there" She said and I smiled.

"Its tomorrow morning at 9 am" I said and she nodded and smiled.

****

"So mommy will be there too!?" Marilyn asked excitedly as I drove the three of us to the court.

"Yes baby" I said with a smile.

"You're really excited to meet her aren't you?" Lily said.

"Yes, she's my mommy, she's the best" Marilyn said, the smile still on her face as she looked out of the window but I saw the smile on Lily's face drop.