thirty: i adore you

Justin

"Shy? Have you packed for tomorrow?" I asked while my eyes were still going through a text.

I looked around when I got no reply and saw that she wasn't there.

It's been a while since she went upstairs to tuck Marilyn in.

I stood up and went upstairs to our bedroom.

She wasn't in there either but I saw light coming out from the small gap of the closet door.

I pushed it open but shut it quickly, leaving the same amount of gap so I could peek in secretly.

Shayra was in there at my Lily corner looking at her photos.

I knew it, it is still stuck in her head. I've probably making her more insecure than I think I have.

I was curious of what she does further so I kept watching.

She stared at the photo for a good minute before keeping it back. And then her hand landed on one of Lily's dresses.

She removed her hand and looked like she was debating something and then grabbed the dress in her hands.

She unfolded it and held it in front of her.

She held it to her body and looked at herself in the mirror.

Her face was anything but emotionless as she saw herself in the mirror.

She then hung the dress aside and ft rid of the robe she was wearing before putting the dress on.

It was too tight for her and now she was looking at herself with a look of disapproval and discontent.

My heart ached as I understood what she was trying to do and I couldn't just stand and watch anymore.

I entered the closet and she didn't even notice I was there even when I stood right behind her and she could see me inthe mirror.

I cleared my throat and he eyes snapped towards me and a gasp left her mouth.

"I-I-I'm so sorry! I w-was just going through and I got c-carried away" her voice was a mixture of gear and guilt.

"It's okay" I mumbled but she didn't listen.

"I was just going through all this and I d-don't know how I just, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done t-this" She ranted under panic.

"Shayra its alright, calm do-

"No it's not! I shouldn't have Jus-

"Calm down Shayra! It's just a dress" I had to raise my voice.

"B-but it's her dress and I just crossed all my limits b-by-

"Shy do you listen to me? Calm down, I'm not mad at you at all" I said as I cupped her face in my hands and made her look at me.

"It's okay" I reassured.

"Now tell me why are you trying to fit yourself in this?" I asked softly.

"I don't have such dresses, I mean floral and stuff so I was trying to see if it suits me..." She said.

But I knew that wasn't the reason.

"I look horrible don't I? I'm too far for this. I shouldn't have even tried it on" She said and looked down and played with the hem of the skirt.

"Bullshit. You can make the worst dress on the world look good if you put it on and you look just as good as you do everyday in this and just because you wear a size bigger clothes than this doesn't mean you're fat" I said and pulled her closer.