twenty three: helpless

Justin

My heart kept pounding as I saw Shayra stand there after Angela walked out. Why did she have to do this? I was supposed to tell Shayra everything and she shouldn't have gotten to know it this way. She's definitely not taking this easy.

"Is that true?" She asked and I took a couple steps ahead but she stepped back even before I reached her and I stopped.

"Is that true?" She repeated, her eyes brimming with tears.

"Y-Yes but Shayra, its not how you think it is, its a troubled marriage!" I said quickly.

"Yes because of me! You made me a family wrecker!" She yelled.

"No! Shayra, please you need to listen to the whole thing" I stepped closer to her and grabbed her arm but she pulled it away.

"I don't want to. All this while.....you were fucking married and you gave me no clue about it! Did you even think of me for even a second Justin?! I know I'm not that important to you but would a little consideration hurt?" She said and I felt the tears well up in my eyes too.

"No....please listen to me Shayra, there is so much more you need to know!" I said and pulled her closer to me but she just shook her head and cried.

"You're making me regret so much I've done and you know what's the worst part?! That I had such a good time with you, even when you never treated me in the best way you could, this was still the best I've gotten treated by a man. And I was starting to think and even after all, we might have a chance, and now you've just made a fool out of me!" She sobbed and the sight was too fucking hard to take.

"Shy..." I trailed off but she stepped away from me.

"I didn't push Kevin away because I thought he wasn't right. I did that because I wanted to be with you even when I knew that one day wold come when I really have to let go of you. I just wanted some more time and memories with you...." She said and my tears never stopped streaming down my cheeks.

"And I'm sorry Justin, I failed your no emotions no feelings test, I failed. Because I desperately care about you and you became very important to me and that's why this is hurting me so much. I counted on you. But that's okay, this is my fault too. I should've listened to your warning and guarded myself" She said.

"Shayra give me a minute and let me explain you everyth-

"I just want to go home right now" She said and tried to wipe her face and I huffed.

Maybe I can talk to her later, letting her be alone for a while would help her calm down.

"Alright alright....I'll tell you later but you need to listen to me Shayra, you've just heard one side of the story. But I'll drop you home right now, take your time but you're going to hear me out" I said.

"I'll take a a cab" was all she said before walking out and I tugged at my hair.

Stupid...stupid Angela.

I groaned and sat down on the couch. Me and Shayra were in the best place but it cost just one sentence to Angela to destroy everything we were trying to build.

And now I'm the bad guy when my life is actually hell living with her.

All this would've never happened if Lily never went away.

I covered my face with my palms and let out all the sobs that I was holding back.

Right when I see hope, everything gets messed up!

And now I've hurt Shayra so much when it wasn't even my intention.

****

It was 11pm when I reach home and checked my phone for the billionth time. Shayra still hadn't replied to any of my texts or calls or voice mails.