twenty five: marilyn

Shayra

I woke up to the irritating construction sound outside and groaned loudly, which transformed into a yawn.

I grabbed my phone and saw the date. Its been a month since I haven't stepped out of the house and its a Sunday today. I should probably go out and take a break from the constant contemplating I've been doing.

But where can I even go? I want to go somewhere where I can get distracted and be happy.

Going to movies alone would suck. 

Aunt Nina's orphanage! Yes! I can can spend my day playing with the kids. This is the best idea.

I sat up and got ready in a supersonic speed. I wore high waisted shorts, with a full sleeve turtle neck crop top and black strap heels.

I stuffed my phone and wallet in a rose gold colored matte handbag before straightening my hair and tying them into a high, sleek ponytail. I was going out after so long, it just put me in the mood to dress up.

I left my house and sat in my car but even while driving, I couldn't stop thinking about Justin.

I need to sort this out by tonight and take my decision. I can't keep him hanging like that.

I parked my car and got out of it before locking it. Aunt Nina was already in the garden, looking after the kids so I walked to her.

"Aunt Nina!" I said and she turned to see me.

"Shayra!" She smiled and we hugged each other.

"You weren't lying when you said you'll be coming here often" She said and I grinned.

"I just wanted spend some time playing with these kiddos today" I said.

"They'll be glad to have someone new among them for sure" She said while my eyes roamed around the place and I did a double take when I saw someone familiar.

I was shocked to see Justin, sitting among the kids in a circle with Marilyn on his lap while they all played with the ball.

"Wh-What's he doing here?" I asked Aunt Nina and pointed at Justin.

"Oh, Justin....do you remember what I told you about Marilyn last time? Justin is her father. He's the CEO of Bieber Ent and Co." She said and it took me a minute to process her words as I remembered what she told me last time.

  "He got this woman pregnant and she wanted to abort the child but he did not want her to. She agreed to give birth only on the condition that he would marry her and abandon the kid and that's how she ended up here. I feel so sorry for the man and Marilyn"  

Oh my god....this is so terrible. I feel so terrible for not listening to him.

"Shy?" Aunt Nina snapped me out.

"Oh uh yeah, I uh....I actually work there, I'm the Creative Director of Bieber Ent. and Co., he's my boss" I said, feeling weirdly proud of my position, and calling myself that again.

"Oh wow! That is amazing Shayra, you didn't tell me this last time" She said.

"Yeah, I was in a hurry" I said while my eyes couldn't concentrate anywhere else but Justin playing with kids. I chuckled when I saw him lose intentionally and all the kids climbed on top of him and tickled him.

"I'm gonna go join" I said, pointing at the kids and Justin with my thumb and Aunt Nina smiled and nodded.

I exhaled loudly before walking towards where they were playing.

"You're such a loser daddy!" Marilyn said to him while everyone continued tickling him and I chuckled again.

He is, Marilyn. Stupid, scared little loser.