fourty four: suspicions

Justin

Shayra's alarm rang at seven waking up the both of us and I yawned, still holding her in my arms.

"Good morning" I said and she looked up at me.

"Good morning Justin" She said and kept looking at me.

"What?" I asked and she shrugged and shook her head.

"You're waiting for me to regret last night aren't you?" I said and she bit her lower lip.

"I don't Shayra, its impossible for me to regret it" I said.

"So now what? We keep doing this behind Lily's back?" She said and I sighed.

"I don't know Shy, I don't know and I don't want to ruin the morning talking about this" I said and she nodded and I kissed her nose.

"Go get showered, I'll make the breakfast" She said and I nodded.

I got showered and absent mindedly entered the closet like I used to when I lived here just to realize it was missing all my stuff. I sighed and was about to go out but something familiar stopped me. In a corner, I spotted my clothes, neatly folded and kept on the rack among her clothes.

My sweatshirt, the blazer I gave Shayra, a shirt whose button she had tore open during one of our crazy nights, but they were all now stitched properly again. I took the sweatshirt and just when I opened it, it smelled of me but more of Shayra which indicated she had been wearing that. It brought a smile on my face and I folded it and kept it back.

 I decided to wear the same trouser from yesterday since there was no option and then put on the shirt and the blazer and combed my hair before going downstairs.

"So I found some of my shirt in the closet" I said when I entered the kitchen and she turned to look at me.

"Oh t-that, I was going to return the shirt but then...you know" She said.

"Mhm" I poured myself some orange juice.

"And what about the sweatshirt, are you gonna return that too?" I teased and took a sip while her cheeks turned red and I hid a smile.

"Uh....yeah yeah, you can take it if you want to" She said, never looking at me.

"Nah its alright, it smells like its been helping you with the possible shortage of sweatshirts that you're dealing with" I said and saw he bite her lower lip to keep from smiling and I snickered.

"Now I hate the fact that you're here" She said and I walked until I reached behind her. My hand slipped her hair aside to one side of her shoulder and her head tilted as my lips attached to the skin of her neck.

"Justin..." She mumbled and her hands tried to push me away but i grabbed them and intertwined our fingers.

I was done trying to convince myself that I don't want her anymore.

"Justin, we have to go to work" She said breathily.

"Mhm" I hummed against her skin and she giggled.

"Come on boss" She said and pushed me away making me sigh in discontent.

I ate the breakfast and she went in for a shower while I left for work and on my way, I called Lily and made sure she dropped Marilyn to school.

****

Shayra came exactly on her time but when she entered my cabin, she didn't really look like she was in a good mood.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked and she pulled a chair beside me and sat down.

"I found something in the bedroom. And I think it can tell us who broke into my house yesterday" She said and I furrowed my eyebrows.