thirty four: something wrong

Justin

I opened the door with my keys and everything was dark and silent inside, I think both my ladies are taking a nap.

I drank some water before I made my way to the bedroom. I opened the door softly and walked in.

I saw Marilyn asleep on the bed while Shayra was laying beside her too but she was't sleeping. She was just staring at Marilyn and looked like she had zoned out.

She didn't notice me at all as I got rid of my coat and finally figured I was there when I sat down beside her.

"Oh, hey, you're here..." She said and sat up.

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Nope" She said, not popping the 'p' like she always does and I figured that she looked disturbed, she didn't even come to work today.

"I'm sorry for not coming to work today, I just felt like I needed a holiday" She said.

"Its alright Shy, I understand" I said and pecked her lips.

"So you went to that regular check up of yours right in the morning right?" I asked.

"Oh yeah" 

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Well, the doctor I go to was holding free full body check up so I thought why not go do it" She said and I hummed and laid down on the bed and placed my head in her lap.

"How did it go then?" 

"It went well, I'm all good" She said and I smiled.

She returned the smile but it wasn't quiet genuine at all.

"You must be hungry, I'll go cook the dinner, Marilyn will wake up soon too" She said and lifted my head up so she could get out of the bed and left the room.

I think I should ask her if something's wrong. She's definitely not on her periods that I know cos she just got done with them, something has to be disturbing her.

I just hope it's not about me denying Marilyn calling her mommy.

I turned to Marilyn and just when I was about to spoon her, she turned around and her eyes slowly opened before she let out a loud yawn.

"Daddy?" She said in her sleepy voice while rubbing her eyes.

"Hello there, had a good nap?" I asked and she nodded and smiled.

"I always nap good when Shy tells me stories" She said and I smiled.

"Me too" I said and she giggled.

"She tells you stories?" She asked.

"Well yeah, not fairytales, but she keeps talking randomly and I keep listening to her and then I eventually fall asleep, she hates me for that" I said and she giggled again.

"So Mare, I just came home and was talking to Shayra, I noticed she was a little low, do you know about it at all?" I asked.

"No, but she was like that the whole day, when I asked to watch movies with me, she agreed but she barely watched it and while making lunch, she burned it. I thought she'll make it again but instead she just ordered us a pizza. She doesn't do that, especially when I had pizza yesterday itself" She said and I nodded.

"I'll talk to her" I said and kissed her forehead.

"You go out, I'll freshen up and come" I said and she nodded before going out of the room.

I washed my face before changing into something comfortable.

I walked to the night stand to grab my phone and my eyes caught a folded white paper tucked under the lamp.