thirty seven: 3 magic words

Shayra

Its been three days since we came here in Miami. Its quiet a breather for both of us. We've spent the last three days going at the private beach that is attached to our villa and just having fun and peace of mind.

I don't know how Justin suddenly came up with this idea but he's been different since he decided on pushing out Lily out of his life completely. 

He looks happier and more open.

Currently, I was doing my makeup since Justin is taking me on a 'fancy dinner date', his words, not mine.

I dressed myself in this brick red bodycon dress I recently brought. I straightened my hair and tucked them behind my ears so they looked sleek.

Justin finally came in while fixing his watch.

"Are you done babe, we sh- Wow...." He trailed off as he looked at me and I smiled.

"Yes, I'm ready" I said and grabbed my clutch.

"Shit, I should probably go and cancel the dinner and we should stay in bed instead" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"No, I'm hungry" I said and he chuckled as he walked to me and held my hand.

"I was just kidding, we have the whole night for that" He said and kissed my cheek making my stomach erupt with butterflies.

"You look beautiful" He said with so much ease, not fumbling or questioning what he was saying like he used to do.

"Thank you" I mumbled and smiled.

"Let's go" He led my out of the villa and instead of getting out of the beach, he kept walking further and once we were almost near the water, I gasped at what I saw.

A wooden bridge kind of a thing that led inside, at least half a kilometer away from the shore and at the end there was a platform where I could see a table and candle lights.

When I looked at Justin, he was already looking at me with a grin.

"Come on" He said and led me up on the bridge.

His hand held mine in a soft but safe grasp as we walked to towards the square platform in the end. The borders of the platform were lined with candles and the sun was slowly dissolving into the blue sky, its orange color spreading across like water colors.

When we finally reached the platform, I saw Lilies in a vase in the center of the table. A wine bottle kept in a bucket of ice and the food was covered.

"Justin....this is so beautiful" I said as I took the sight in.

"Thank you" I added and he smiled before tucking a strand of my hair that was blowing with the wind behind my ear and stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"You don't have to say that. This is technically our first date since I messed up the last time. And I've barely done anything romantic for you. But I'm trying to make up for that now" He said and I chuckled.

"Here, my lady" He said and pulled out the chair for me.

I laughed at how dramatic he was being as I sat down and he sat across me.

"May I?" He asked as he grabbed the wine bottle.

"Sure" I said and he poured it for both of us.

we then started eating and talking about random things and I lost all track of time. For some reason, my stomach kept bubbling with happiness, I knew tonight was special than other nights.

"But then they found him eventually" He said and I laughed.

He was telling me about when he was 6 years old and hid the neighbor's baby in his room because he was very cute and he wanted a baby brother.